Need help seting up ocsx2 with keyboard
Smile 
Hi, I'm new to pcsx2 and I have just installed my ps3 controller to the emulator and that works, but my question is how can I use my keyboard for typing and using the ps3 controller on pcsx2, why I need to do this is because I want to use rpg maker 3 and I need to type and use the ps3 controller at times. Thanks so much and I'm glad that I'm a member of this forum.Biggrin

Sponsored links

leave the keyboard plugged in ?
It dose not work when I try to type?
Do you use the controllerplugin to map ur controller or do you use an external program ?
I'm not shore what you mean, I'm asking because I'm not shore how to set it up I got the ps3 controller working good with the emulator I really do not know how to setup a keyboard, would I go to config and usb? I have tried that but I don't see a setting to setup the keyboard? sorry for my newbie questions. Smile
With PCSX2, you can't use the keyboard to type inside a PS2 game like that. The controller function does not emulate the USB keyboard feature the real PS2 has. You can look into the USB plugin but IDK if it supports keyboards yet. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Qemu-USB-...gstar-test
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Hi, I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1 the game works good with the ps3 controller but not keyboard, but that's not that bad I guess I will just use the controller instead , sent its not capable yet to use both right now. Thanks for all the help. Smile
sorry I have one more question? my ps3 controler is setup with pad 1 If I make pad 2 the keyboard would that work, dose PCSX2 let you use two pads? Thanks
You can use the keyboard to control Pad 2, but you can NOT type with it. The controller plugin ONLY emulates controllers and guitars, not keyboards.

For instance, you can map the keyboard up Arrow to the control DPAD up.

You can NOT make the keyboard type letters inside PCSX2 with the controller plugin.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
oh ok thanks for letting me know. bye Smile