Need help setting up please.
Hello. I'm new to this forum but i need serious help. I'm trying to play Star Ocean 3 on my pc with the Pcsx2 v0.9.6. Computer specs are as follows:

Intel Duo 2.40Gz
4Gb Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Windows Vista 4-bit OS

I've read somewhere that the Gsdx 1.7 Plugin would fix most of my problems but I'm not sure where to obtain that file. I've gotten the game to work but with very low FPS and slow sound quality. I havent tested any other games, prolly b/c i have no interest in playing anything else at the moment. Any and all assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

I'll be checking this thread constantly until i can find an answer. So please post any and all of your comments asap. ty ^^

Sponsored links

i'm sorry , but Star Ocean doesn't work well. With my specs runs at 20 frames per second.
Need a faster CPU and wait for other fix ;-)
I5 - 2320 @ 3,0 Ghz - 8 GbyteDDR2 1333 Mhz - Geforce 8800 GTS 512 Mbyte - Win 7x64 - Samsung 32" TV HD-Ready
Uomo saggio il cielo aiuta.
Are you serious? Thats so gay! lol. Thx for the info. Guess i should just wait and see. Thought i saw a youtube vid of a working star ocean on psx. Guess thats a fake right? (no sarcasm, really curious)
(05-06-2009, 12:10 AM)bluegiant9 Wrote: Are you serious? Thats so gay! lol.
yes SO3 is one of the slowest games Smile (i don't have that game, but i watch many posts Tongue)

(05-06-2009, 12:10 AM)bluegiant9 Wrote: Thought i saw a youtube vid of a working star ocean on psx. Guess thats a fake right? (no sarcasm, really curious)
probably not fake Smile, videos recorded with Gsdx are automatically sped up to fullspeed Smile

(05-05-2009, 08:40 PM)bluegiant9 Wrote: I've read somewhere that the Gsdx 1.7 Plugin would fix most of my problems but I'm not sure where to obtain that file.
you can get it in Gsdx's thread Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Luis could u mind posting that URL again? lol think u made a mistake somewhere. Thx in advance.
owp forgot to browse to the thread to add the link Laugh, but anyways it's one of stickies of this section Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Actually, you can get around 50-60 fps with one of the older Gsdx plugins and it works amazingly well. I haven't found any problems with it so far, and i'm almost done with the game. Here are the plugins if interested.

Make sure you toggle to "weave tff or weave bff" with the F5 key to stop the screen from shaking, and from there it's all great.
File removed. Nedamir, no links to external and/or third party plugins here.

Besides, old gsdx versions are available from gsdx main thread at the very end. Just point people there
Nedamir, Please point me to it lol. Im interested in what u've got going heh. I'll send u a private message with my msn so we can talk. Thx for the help.
Ok i got an update. I've downloaded Gsdx 0.1.7 and tried it out. I'm getting like 59-61 fps during gameplay and about 30fps during ingame vids (problem #1; if anyone has any ideas I'd be most appreciative.) But I'm not able to see any ingame text such as everything in the menu, chat logs, etc. Any ideas on how to fix this?