Need help settings for PCSX 1.0.0
Hello,
I dled pcsx2 just yesterday and loaded games such as Sly cooper 2
Now, I thought it would just run smooth as hell considering my PC is new and extremely fast, but I still drop FPS like hell at some stages of the game.
I am running on PCSx2 1.0.0
My PC specs will be attached.
My emulation settings are all DEFAULT with a few tweaks that pcsx2 tutorial had suggested.
Would include being widescreen for my aspect ratio.
Audio being linear (1)
Renderer: Direct3d11 Hardware and texture filtering selected with the blue box. Not tick or not tick (you know what I mean)
Screenshots of me with high FPS on sly and a screen of me dropping fps on sly will be posted as well. (it's all on the same map/stage as well!)
I don't know if it's a problem with the game or I need to make some tweaks but I know it's my settings cause I drop FPS
on Jak precursor legacy as well . .
And on top of that, I barely have anything installed on this PC.
I really would appreciate the help a lot!

postimg.org/image/4y3cw1z6j/ - Pc Specs
postimg.org/image/6atd3svub/ - fps dropping
postimg.org/image/j5bw6snqb/ - Fps at it's best

Thanks once again.

Sponsored links

Your not supposed to download games off of the internet.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-28-2013, 01:11 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Your not supposed to download games off of the internet.

Sorry I must have put DL beside games by mistake when it was initially meant for only PCSX@
I have PS2 games lying around in which I use to run my PCSX2 but I still drop frames.
(11-28-2013, 01:19 AM)Lolatmell Wrote: Sorry I must have put DL beside games by mistake when it was initially meant for only PCSX@
I have PS2 games lying around in which I use to run my PCSX2 but I still drop frames.

Oh ok, Your pc specs arent' really that great especially for the extremely demanding games like sly. What other games are you trying to run.
Link #1 is also not what we would name specs. This is just your cpu and the amount of Ram.

It would be nice to see know the exact name of your graphic card and any special hardware if used.

Actually there should also be something written in the windows activation. You're not using a downloaded windows, do you?
PRetty much all my games drop fps. They are never constant 60 fps.
My specs are:
Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Chipset : AMD 780
Processor : AMD FX 4130 @ 3800 MHz (max : 3919.5)
Physical Memory : 8192 MB (2 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM )
Video Card : AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
DirectX : Version 11.00
Quadcore, clocked at 3.8GHZ

(11-28-2013, 01:22 AM)willkuer Wrote: Link #1 is also not what we would name specs. This is just your cpu and the amount of Ram.

It would be nice to see know the exact name of your graphic card and any special hardware if used.

Actually there should also be something written in the windows activation. You're not using a downloaded windows, do you?

I bought my windows
(11-28-2013, 01:42 AM)Lolatmell Wrote: PRetty much all my games drop fps. They are never constant 60 fps.
My specs are:
Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Chipset : AMD 780
Processor : AMD FX 4130 @ 3800 MHz (max : 3919.5)
Physical Memory : 8192 MB (2 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM )
Video Card : AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
DirectX : Version 11.00
Quadcore, clocked at 3.8GHZ

I bought my windows
Well what games are you trying?
@willkuer: trying to get someone to admit to piracy is witch hunting

I already stated that in my original post . . .Sly & Jak 3 both which drop frames to 30

(11-28-2013, 01:52 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Well what games are you trying?

SLy 2 and jak 3
(11-28-2013, 01:52 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Well what games are you trying?

What?
There is no activation key in the field for the activation key. his windows is not activated.

I am sorry but for me this is the same as if a scene name is inside the iso-file name.
Both of those games are extremely demanding even my I5 4440 has trouble keeping up.
here is a thread for the most CPU intensive games: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-...sive-Games
here is a thread for the most GPU intensive games: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-...sive-Games

@willkuer: not everyone activates their copy of windows. The laptops my school give to students don't have activated windows or MS Office, plus the OP could have blocked it out like they said. This also doesn't excuse you from witch hunting.