Need help to properly set up plugins/improve FPS
Greetings new pcsx2 user here. This emulator is a godsend since there are a lot of ps2 games I've always wanted to play.

Anyways, I have a problem with some games that usually run fine with 60 FPS but sometimes the games slow down, sound tends to get stuck for a few seconds, and the FPS lowers at times. This has me irritated since I'm certain my pc is more than capable of running the emulator. Maybe my plugins are not set up correctly or the video/audio needs tweaking, but I'd be very grateful if I can get some help.

My pc specs:
Intel® Core™ i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
8 GB of ram
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel® HD Graphics 4400

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

(04-15-2018, 07:03 AM)JRenfield Wrote: This has me irritated since I'm certain my pc is more than capable of running the emulator.

And why do you think that.
You cpu may be fine(it hass above the recommended single threaded performance but it's still a dual core cpu)but the gpu is slowing you down a lot(especially if you use anything other than native resolution)

What games do you try to play and what are your pcsx2\gsdx settings
(04-15-2018, 07:16 AM)vsub Wrote: And why do you think that.
You cpu may be fine(it hass above the recommended single threaded performance but it's still a dual core cpu)but the gpu is slowing you down a lot(especially if you use anything other than native resolution)

What games do you try to play and what are your pcsx2\gsdx settings

I see. Well, I included two screenshot collages. The first is of my current plugin settings and the gsdx I'm using and attempted to configure. The second is my current emu settings. Don't include game fixes since I haven't touched that.

As for games, the games I've attempted so far are Simpsons Hit & Run (massive GPS drop with the appearance of a particular vehicle and sound "record skipping" where music and dialogue tends to get tuck for a second or two), GTAWackoA (image "ghosting" where on-screen images have a double-image effect) and NamcoXCapcom (GPS slowdown in screens).

Now, here's the weird thing. I had pcsx2 set up on this same computer and it was working flawlessly. Then, I went to have it reformatted and now it's just having problems like these above. As I said, I guess my problem is my configuration.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

your gpu is too weak to handle Anisotropic filteric 16x
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
So which setting would you recommend?
(04-15-2018, 08:18 AM)JRenfield Wrote: So which setting would you recommend?

set anisotropic filtering to 1.

you'll probably get gfx glitches and in games crashes with preset set to agressive.
I'd set it to balanced.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-15-2018, 08:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: set anisotropic filtering to 1.

you'll probably get gfx glitches and in games crashes with preset set to agressive.
I'd set it to balanced.

Doesn't have setting to 1 so I left it at 2x. Also set the preset to balanced. Any further suggestions? I greatly appreciate any recommendations
I am not sure how helpful the MTVU speedhack will be on your cpu and there are some games that get less speed or get some problems if it is enabled even while using 4 cores cpu(it is usually a good thing to keep it enabled for most games but I am not sure in a dual core cpu)

And also after the windows reinstall,they could have placed some extra programs that make the cpu work more than before and adding pcsx2 to the mix,I can see how you can get less speed
And also,maybe you used older version of pcsx2 before which have less things working correctly which results in most cases in more speed
I have the latest version. 1.4
So you suggest I should dl an earlier version?
Did you configure you pc and udate your drivers to the optimal ? It help a little.