Need help, traditional forum browsing has not helped
I'd like to start by thanking the community for creating such a great program. Thank you.

Now onto the issue.
I installed this program two days ago, ad have been trying ever since to get it working. Time and time again, I have been reminded to check previous threads for answers, but up to this point, that method has been unsuccessful.

If someone could please help me get started with this program, I would be very appreciative. I need to know which plugins I should use, and on what settings. Either send me the links to the appropriate threads. or just give me the answers out right, I'll take what help I can get.

What I have so far:
Updated DirectX
Got BIOS

The specs of my PC:
GeForce 9500GT
Intel Pentium 4 3 Ghz Processor
2 GB RAM
Sound Blaster Audigy Sound card

Sponsored links

What plugins are you using and what game are you trying to run?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(05-31-2009, 08:30 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: What plugins are you using and what game are you trying to run?

Well, I was hoping the good people of the forums would educate me on which plugins I should be using, so I didn't think it mattered which ones I was currently using.

Also, I'm not sure I understand your question about which game I will be running. I'd planned to run several games, including, but not limited to, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy 7, and Shadow of the Collosus.
KH2: use ZeroSPU2 and GSdx
FF7:dc, known to run slow
sots: slow, use software mode
bg:da2, hear it crashes on te menu, but I don't personally own it
Wow, thanks for all the quick replies.
So settings differ from game to game?
In that case, does anyone have suggestions on games that I should play that work well on this program?
I use te same settig for just about EVERY game, you can search my threads for "my settings" to find them
I wouldn't try running Shadow of the Colossus on your PC, it barely runs well on mine without speedhacks, I have to use a couple speedhacks to get it to run fullspeed. Stick to playing that one on your PS2, unfortunately =/

But yeah, like Saiki said, use GSDx, and experiment with using ZeroSPU and SPU2-X, some games work better with one over the other.

But honestly, a single core pentium 4, even if it has hyperthreading, is not going to be that great for emulation, so don't expect real good performance. Your processor is a huge bottleneck (and gimping your graphics card for more general PC gaming).
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
out of the ames I own, I use SPU2-x on Gow1&2 and tekken5, the others I have I use zerospu2, because I have had better success with it on my realtech sound card. (as well as square games don't have the right sound on SPU2-X)
(05-31-2009, 08:59 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: I wouldn't try running Shadow of the Colossus on your PC, it barely runs well on mine without speedhacks, I have to use a couple speedhacks to get it to run fullspeed. Stick to playing that one on your PS2, unfortunately =/

But yeah, like Saiki said, use GSDx, and experiment with using ZeroSPU and SPU2-X, some games work better with one over the other.

But honestly, a single core pentium 4, even if it has hyperthreading, is not going to be that great for emulation, so don't expect real good performance. Your processor is a huge bottleneck (and gimping your graphics card for more general PC gaming).

At this point, I am kind of thinking about giving up for now. I've been meaning to upgrade my computer for some time now, and like you said, the processor is fairly obsolete.

But as long as I'm here, what do you guys think of trying to do the opposite, that is, play games burned from my pc on my PS2???
ps2 won't play burned games, unless you load up the original cDVD first. (tried it before, trust me)