Need help w/ V sync on ZeroGS
Hi,
I am rather new to the Pcsx2 emulator, and I have gotten the program to work quite well after reading the guides a few times, but I am having some issues with the graphics.

I have been using ZeroGS to play Persona 4 for the last 3 days, and after balancing out the settings (a few hours of tweaking), I don't really have any problems beyond a few glitches and occasional lag (using a dual core 2.66 processor). However, there is a lot of tearing with the in-game textures, and I noticed there is no V sync setting in the ZeroGS config. I experimented with GSdx, since it had a V sync option, and this fixed the tearing that I had in ZeroGS, but at the cost of about a quarter of my fps, choppy audio/visuals in movies/cut scenes, and tearing in many other places I didn't have it in ZeroGS.

Here are some screen shots comparing the differences between the two--
Green-Tearing
Red-Correct placement

ZeroGS:
Floor pattern tearing
[Image: 2hzpve9.jpg]
Floor pattern tearing
[Image: 34xib08.jpg]
No errors
[Image: 2d50k1.jpg]
Floor pattern tearing
[Image: 219wdbq.jpg]

GSdx:
Floor pattern fixed, character tearing
[Image: huqcgk.jpg]
Floor pattern fixed, character tearing, boundary tearing
[Image: 2urpjs4.jpg]
Character tearing, boundary tearing
[Image: 148m3gj.jpg]
Floor pattern tearing more, character tearing, boundary tearing
[Image: f9ifz8.jpg]

I was just wondering if ZeroGS automatically has V sync on, and it just can't fix my problem, or if it isn't there? Any support or information would be useful.

- Valkerion

Sponsored links

may you try enabling logarithmic z in gsdx? Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(05-13-2009, 09:41 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: may you try enabling logarithmic z in gsdx? Smile

I was starting to wonder why I lagged even in ZeroGS all the time with my computer, now i have perfect fps almost all the time! Haven't seen any tearing yet, and everything else is smooth!
(I should have enabled it before to see if it would help.. >_<; )
Thanks a ton! Cool
yea those "character tearing" just looked to me like a problem that would be fixed with log-z Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja