Need help with Atelier Iris 1
It runs fine with no crashes but there are some huge annoyances. Nearly everything is outlined in black, weird lines appear where they shouldn't, and the framerate crawls whenever anything effects-heavy is happening (like when a spell is cast, or at eh Dolby Digital logo at the start). I'm using snapshot SVN r482 and GSDX 896. I've tried both DX10 and DX9 mode, and I also tried it on the old 396X3 build, but nothing is fixed. Halp?
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\

Sponsored links

Surprisingly software mode seems to handle the big effects better. The weird lines is due to res not being native and black lines around everything set the texture filtering to the grey check.
Hate to be rude but I cant think of one PC that can run in software mode
Thanks for the quick reply, that fixed almost everything. Got a few more questions though:
1. SW Rend. Threads: These speed up the game when in SW render mode, correct? I have a quad core processor (see sig), and I'm assuming threads is referring to the cores. If so, why am I only able to go up to 3 and not 4 on SW Rend. Threads? It probably wouldn't help the game run, I'm just curious.
2. It seems that sometimes the backgrounds are out of alignment. The attached picture shows the problem, at least I don't think it's supposed to look that way. Any help with this? I can foresee it being quite a problem.

Edit: By the way Thundas, with the 3 SW Rend. Threads on I seem to be getting full speed. I've tested up until the end of the first battle and everything is 60 FPS, so apparently mine can Laugh

Edit2: Gotta correct that, in the beginning there's a guy that seems to be summoning a huge dragon... thing and the FPS does drop significantly there, it goes all the way down to 20. So far, that's the only slowdown period though.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
Yeah I use a q6700 which seems to run it fine at stock speeds. I never tested really past the first battle so I'm not sure where else it would slow down. Thus never have seen that. Did you try 4:3 and see if it was something weird with the game running in 16:9?
(02-17-2009, 04:57 AM)With Teeth Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply, that fixed almost everything. Got a few more questions though:
1. SW Rend. Threads: These speed up the game when in SW render mode, correct? I have a quad core processor (see sig), and I'm assuming threads is referring to the cores. If so, why am I only able to go up to 3 and not 4 on SW Rend. Threads? It probably wouldn't help the game run, I'm just curious.
2. It seems that sometimes the backgrounds are out of alignment. The attached picture shows the problem, at least I don't think it's supposed to look that way. Any help with this? I can foresee it being quite a problem.

Edit: By the way Thundas, with the 3 SW Rend. Threads on I seem to be getting full speed. I've tested up until the end of the first battle and everything is 60 FPS, so apparently mine can Laugh

Edit2: Gotta correct that, in the beginning there's a guy that seems to be summoning a huge dragon... thing and the FPS does drop significantly there, it goes all the way down to 20. So far, that's the only slowdown period though.

to your question about the sw threads
your cpu supports 4 threads so you use 1 for the emulator and 3 for the graphics plugin

please correct me if i'm wrong
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
Sounds right though if you are using mtgs it should technically be using 2 threads.
@dralor: Nope, thanks for the suggestion but 4:3 didn't work.
@Kabooz: That makes complete sense, and that's what I thought, but:

"SW rend. threads: This box is only usable when having selected a software rendering method.Here you can specify how many threads GSdx will use while software rendering,to take advantage of all cores you processor might have,e.g. set it to 4 for quad core processors.Boosts speed significantly in multi-core systems for software rendering with more than 2 cores." (Source: PCSX2.net config guide)

So I guess that was just a mistake. Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyone else have a fix for the alignment problem?
There is a Patch for gust games that fixes the messed up backgrounds and potentially other things (mana khemia world map for example).

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2518-page-3.html

Careful with it though. Breaks other games.
Fighting for peace is like ***** for virginity ...

Failure is not an option | It is bundled with your Microsoft product
(02-17-2009, 06:03 AM)With Teeth Wrote: @dralor: Nope, thanks for the suggestion but 4:3 didn't work.
@Kabooz: That makes complete sense, and that's what I thought, but:

"SW rend. threads: This box is only usable when having selected a software rendering method.Here you can specify how many threads GSdx will use while software rendering,to take advantage of all cores you processor might have,e.g. set it to 4 for quad core processors.Boosts speed significantly in multi-core systems for software rendering with more than 2 cores." (Source: PCSX2.net config guide)

So I guess that was just a mistake. Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyone else have a fix for the alignment problem?

So, with GSdx in SW mode you don't have slowdows at all? Coz for me it still dies when someone cast the magic >_>