Need help with Castlevania Curse of Darkness
Hi guys I'm new to using PCSX2 and I really want to play Castlevania curse of darkness and it works fine but the framerate is very slow almost like its running in slow mo but when I'm in the start menu or loading screen it speeds up to normal, plz is there anyone who can help me, itll be very much appreciated.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 10 Home (build 10586), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 1634 MB
CPU name = AMD E-300 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 00)
CPU speed = 1.296 ghz (2 logical threads)
I'm using version 1.4.0 of PCSX2
Ive been testing it with random settings but I have it at default right now, and at the moment I'm only trying to play one game which is Castlevania Curse of Darkness and its from ISO.
Your CPU is extremely slow for PCSX2. The recommended CPU single thread rate for PCSX2 is 1600, around 800 is required to play the very least demanding games, but your CPU only has 300. It's surprising the game runs at all.

You'll need to get a new PC or keep playing on PS2.
Ive been tweaking the plugins and ive gotten the game to run around 20 fps at max..im honestly not sure how its running either but if your saying its too slow to run games on PCSX2 then I suppose I just wont b able to play it at all which saddens me, if theres a way I can play it at 30fps I would b happy with it moving that slow, any suggestions on how I can possibly speed it up using my current specs?
The fps you see at the top of the game window isn't the speed the game is running at. Even if you could reach 30 fps, the game would still only run at about half that, which is 15 fps, and it would still appear to run in slowmotion.
oh...I feel dumb then lol...well still any suggestions with my current specs? I just want to push the limits of my pc if possible
you pushed it to the limit.
definitely keep playing it on your PS2 if you want an enjoyable experience
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
CPU is wellllllll below standard. Sorry for you loss. Please update to something that didn't come standard with Windows Me.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

(07-08-2016, 04:56 AM)Mr Complex Wrote: Hi guys I'm new to using PCSX2 and I really want to play Castlevania curse of darkness and it works fine but the framerate is very slow almost like its running in slow mo but when I'm in the start menu or loading screen it speeds up to normal, plz is there anyone who can help me, itll be very much appreciated.
check your display card setting, it is default basic on quality, change it to balance or effectiveness.