Need help with Scarface Video problems.
Make a post in the game's compatibility thread, so we can get the status corrected. Also DESTRUIDOR was on today, maybe send him a PM and ask him how far he tested.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

I got out of the mansion and almost to the limo before I just said screw it. It plays good the slow then freeze then good slow freeze ect. Got error microvu1 exceeding program maximum cache but the game does play just not very enjoyable. I feel it falls under "playable" but that doesn't mean it's smooth ect.
If it crashes in game then its not playable. Playable means it is able to be played from start to finish without crashing
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Scarface-...pid=368830

I remember trying it back in April (PAL version) and whilst it's not exactly the most playable game in PCSX2 I got past the first section and then down into the basement (or wherever it is) and then outside and found out the cops were coming... or something like that. Then I quit the game.

Basically, it worked in software mode with the 4GB patch. It was sluggish in places and I didn't really want to spend too long playing it but I guess it does qualify as "playable".

EDIT: Wow, I must think too long before typing or something as two replies appeared whilst I was writing the above! In terms of "playable" as "being able to go from start to end" I don't know for certain as there was no way I was going to bother trying but it didn't crash for me with 4GB patch + software mode. Anything else (e.g. not using software mode) would cause it to crap out.

Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM
It doesn't crash for me just normal then slow then freeze for a second then normal and on and on. I'm not going to play the game till the end but from what I saw it works just not great
(09-22-2014, 07:36 PM)markyrocks69 Wrote: I got out of the mansion and almost to the limo before I just said screw it. It plays good the slow then freeze then good slow freeze ect. Got error microvu1 exceeding program maximum cache but the game does play just not very enjoyable. I feel it falls under "playable" but that doesn't mean it's smooth ect.
I also made it out of the mansion but then pcsx2 crashed.

I get the microvu1 exceeding program maximum cache too.

Sucks as I really wanna play this game.

For me the way it keeps crashing makes it not playable.

(09-22-2014, 07:15 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Make a post in the game's compatibility thread, so we can get the status corrected. Also DESTRUIDOR was on today, maybe send him a PM and ask him how far he tested.

I will later as I'm currently on my phone right now.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
Just to add. I've noticed while playing the game it gets progressively slower and it reaches a point where it freezes for a few seconds and then it faster again and it repeats this every time. While playing the ram usage slowly rises from just over 2gig (+- idle for my computer) all the way to about +-4.6gig usage and then the emulog says something about "Program Cache Limit reached" right after that the ram usage again rises again until it repeats itself.

And pretty often the game just randomly crashes.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black