Need help with controllers
Basically i got me some bootleg ps2 controllers and they work fine with other games but for the life of me i cant get lilypad to allow me to map the controls on them! On the diagnostic part both controllers are there but when i click pad 1 and pad 2 on the top of the screen there are no buttons to map, And i cant get this to work. does anyone know how to fiix this? BTW im running 1.2.1 becuase 1.4 makes my entire monitor keep flashing black and then returning. Ive already tried unplugging, restarting and removing drivers

Sponsored links

1.2.1 is unsupported as of the release of 1.4.0, three years ago, so you won't be getting much useful information about that.

Furthermore, as 1.4.0 is three years old, we typically recommend people use the 1.5.0 development builds, which I have linked in my signature. See if that does anything for both your flickering and controller problems.
(03-11-2019, 08:07 PM)pandubz Wrote: 1.2.1 is unsupported as of the release of 1.4.0, three years ago, so you won't be getting much useful information about that.

Furthermore, as 1.4.0 is three years old, we typically recommend people use the 1.5.0 development builds, which I have linked in my signature. See if that does anything for both your flickering and controller problems.

That website in your signature has windows 32 bit downloads. I am currently running 64 bit so would it matter if i used those?
(03-11-2019, 08:11 PM)Coolburritoboi Wrote: That website in your signature has windows 32 bit downloads. I am currently running 64 bit so would it matter if i used those?

64-bit Windows can run both 64-bit and 32-bit software. It does not matter.
(03-11-2019, 08:19 PM)pandubz Wrote: 64-bit Windows can run both 64-bit and 32-bit software. It does not matter.

alright so i just tried the last one and this makes my screen flash again. well thanks for trying!
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-11-2019, 08:24 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
ok so the emulog goes like this
[code]
Action canceled: Startup aborted: User canceled FirstTime Wizard.
[ /code]

My specs are
CPU: Intel i7 7700HQ
Graphics card: gtx 1050
Ram: 8gb

tried version 1.2.1 (no flickering of screen, controller not working)
version 1.4.0 (screen flickering badly)
latest verion from here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php (screen flickering badly again and i could not even click properly so my only choice was to close it)

I have not changed any default settings

I do not know what or where is gsdx settings

Was trying to play jojo's bizzare adventure which I have a working iso of
Fact being your screen is flickering before PCSX2 is drawing any kind of 3D element to the screen sounds like your GPU driver might be screwed. Do you know what GPU driver you have installed? It should show in your Programs and Features list:
[Image: gFkNKEO.png]
(03-11-2019, 10:00 PM)pandubz Wrote: Fact being your screen is flickering before PCSX2 is drawing any kind of 3D element to the screen sounds like your GPU driver might be screwed. Do you know what GPU driver you have installed? It should show in your Programs and Features list:
[Image: gFkNKEO.png]

they are the latest availible.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You might want to rollback to a slightly older version to see if the problem is resolved. It might be a Gsdx-related issue or the driver's issue.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!