Need help with graphics settings for the ACE COMBAT series on PCSX 2
Question 
Can you help me too ( sorry for my bad english . I hope you now what i mean )

Asrock 970 Extreme3 r2.0
AMD FX 8150 8x3,6GHz +16 GB Ram
Creative X-FI TITANIUM +
PALIT 950 GTX 2 GB Ram

Win 10 (64 bit) Pro

PCSX 2 V 1.5.0-dev-2190-g91d8e7c7c all on DEFAULT

Play with wireless DS3 Dualshock Controller from PS3 ( SUPER )

What are the best Option`s for my Graphic Cart ?

Sound is Good
Loading is Good
Controller is SUPER GOOD

Loading games per ISO

Please Help

Thx from Berlin ( GER )
tom1tom
Asrock 970 Extreme3 r2.0 AMD FX 8150 8x3,6GHz +16 GB Ram

Creative X-FI TITANIUM + PALIT 950 GTX 2 GB Ram

Win 10 (64 bit) Pro

Sponsored links

which game ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ace Combat 04 Distant Thunder

and all other Ace Combat`s on the PS2

And I thought there was such an optimal basic setting for PCSX2

So, this is how it's supposed to work. Well, well, here we are again.

And sorry you had to open an extra thread for me now.

Change Please "I couldn't post properly, so here's my new topic."

Can we customize the title we created?

Need help with graphics settings for the ACE COMBAT series on PCSX 2 <----------= New Titel

Thx

Win 10 (64 bit) Pro

(09-07-2017, 05:20 PM)tom1tom Wrote: Ace Combat 04 Distant Thunder

and all other Ace Combat`s on the PS2

And I thought there was such an optimal basic setting for PCSX2
Distant Thunder is the PAL version, right? I have Shattered Skies (the NTSC/US version of AC04) and I could never get it to work properly on PCSX2. On hardware mode, the planes all render just black and there are many other graphical glitches in-game. The hangar screen doesn't show correctly either. On software mode I could only manage about 50fps with a 4.6 GHz overclocked Intel i5-4690K.

Note: I have the US/NTSC versions of these games and these settings worked for me.
Ace Combat 5 and Ace Combat Zero work pretty well in hardware mode as long as you have Hardware Mipmapping enabled (Basic/Fast works just fine). The Align Sprite hack is a must if you're running higher than native resolutions to get rid of the vertical black lines and Round sprite to Half fixes issues with the radar and pause menu having horizontal lines across them in ACZero (It's been awhile since I played AC5 so I don't remember if it's needed or not...). If running DX11 you'll also need the Alpha hack enabled or the Main Menu backgrounds won't show on ACZero. I recommend using OpenGL though since you have an Nvidia card as it's more accurate even if it's a bit slower. Your GTX 950 should be able to handle 2-3x resolution ok. My GTX 750Ti would hold 60fps at 2x resolution in OpenGL and my GTX 1050Ti ran flawlessly at 3x. Also check "8-bit Textures" to offload some texture stuff to the GPU instead of the CPU, it might give you some speedup.
I also seem to remember using the Half-Pixel Offset - Special (Texture) hack in Ace Combat Zero to get rid of the blurriness of in-game cutscenes (For example: the beginning of the first mission where you and Pixy fly in over the mountains) but I don't remember for certain and I can't test it now because my desktop's motherboard died and my laptop will only run PCSX2 at under 20fps in native...
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
it is possible to summarize your settings in a list.

because that's how you have to fight your way through the text and read 3-5 to get to the settings.

example:

OpenGl = On/Off etc.

that would simplify things.

Thanks for reading and don't be angry.

Greetings from Berlin (GER)

Win 10 (64 bit) Pro

Here's a list of what you'll want to change:

Plugin Settings:
     Renderer - OpenGL (Hardware)
     Allow 8-Bit Textures - checked
     Large Framebuffer - unchecked
     Internal Resolution - 2x or 3x [whichever gives higher fps]
     Mipmapping (Ins) - Basic (Fast)
     Enable HW Hacks - checked
          Advanced Settings and Hacks:
               Align Sprite - checked
               Trilinear Filtering - Trilinear [This is OPTIONAL - Improves display but may significantly impact performance]
               Half-Pixel Offset - Special (Texture) [Ace Combat Zero only]
               Round Sprite - Half

Emulation Settings > Speedhacks
     MTVU (Multi-Threaded micro VU1) - checked

Try those settings and see how it works, then tweak from there.
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
I'm gonna test it. And it works fine

I already know one thing.

ACE COMBAT Distant Thunder ------Internal Resolution - 2x or 3x[whichever gives higher fps]

I've got stripes in the Movie`s. And my Jets are not Colored ( gray darkgray black but Visible , no flames with Afterburner ) playable

Best thanks

Win 10 (64 bit) Pro

Unfortunately those are unresolved issues with hardware mode for Ace Combat 04. The only fix is to play it with the OpenGL (Software) Renderer but it is EXTREMELY slow...
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Yes I know.

Not really a problem.

Win 10 (64 bit) Pro

Hijihacking the thread a bit, it's know why the bugs on Ace Combat 4? why the plane is black and some effects are missing?