Need some dummy help...
Hi all...

I installed pcsx2, and ran it without any discs yet ripped, and spent a good 30 minutes to an hour reading these forums and setting the configurations.

I then took some time to rip a game (Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition), and when I went to run the game I found a few problems...

1) It can't read in any memory cards.
2) It didn't seem to remember the configuration settings as I set them up (per the guide on this site) - which I thought odd; do I have to spend so much time setting them up each and every time I run the emu?

I have an AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-core 2.20 Ghz, 3GB of RAM, and a 9800GT with 1GB. I'm running Win7 64b Ultimate. I want to use my keyboard since for the moment I don't have a joypad (well, I have one, but no idea where it is)...

For now, Midnight Club is the only game I have ripped; I will be getting a few Final Fantasy games and Need For Speed too, probably some Grand Theft Auto.

So, any advice on setting this up to work?

Sponsored links

it cant read memory cards because you didnt go in the bios menu to format them. if it doesnt save your options then move the pcsx2 folder in "my documents" and always run the emulator with "run as administrator"

edit: also be sure to use 1888 beta and the march plugins. and also to use the plugins in the configuration (they are the highest version ones...)

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Public-beta-builds
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Thanks, moving it helped! Seems to have fixed it all, I think... now I just need to figure out how to get it to play MC3DER