Need some help!
Had a nostalgia moment about a day ago about the game Dark Cloud. Since I don't have the money to buy it for my actual ps2 I decided to get the emulator.

I've tried to read through the very thorough and well put guide but I am a man of easy confusion. XD

I have installed PCSX2 and now need the BIOS and whatever else.. I literally have no clue. This is the first time using a more sophisticated and complex emulator. I usually just stick to NDS and lower. LOL

So if anyone would gladly help me I would appreciate it 200% !!!

I don't know my ACTUAL FULL PC Specs (brand names etc etc.)
But
AMD X4 95W at 3.0Ghz
Micro ATX AMD A3 Mobo
Radeon HD 6850 by Sapphire ( This Model )
And a 700W PSU..not sure if that even matters but eh; oh well. Smile

If anyone needs anymore info please let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks in advance for the replies and help. Cheers!

Sponsored links

(08-19-2012, 10:39 AM)RedTheForestRanger Wrote: Had a nostalgia moment about a day ago about the game Dark Cloud. Since I don't have the money to buy it for my actual ps2 I decided to get the emulator.

we dont support piracy in anyway, reported.
(08-19-2012, 11:05 AM)warWeeny Wrote: we dont support piracy in anyway, reported.

I apologize for the miscommunication. I didn't pirate the iso. Smile I have a friend that let me download it from a Dropbox. He OWNS the game irl. He doesn't live in the same city so I told him just to send me the iso so I can emulate it. If you would like to see this iso in the dropbox I'll link it for you. If you still consider this piracy I will calmly and respectfully resign from this forum. I again apologize for the misunderstanding.
Its okay now i guess..no piracy done unless you post the link to let others download the iso..
Haven't you got the bios file from your ps2????
Intel core i5 3210m @3.1ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2Gb DDR5 (Core:975mhz/Memory:1000mhz)Cool
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
1600x900 Hd resolutionBiggrin
Windows 8.1 64bit
(08-19-2012, 11:17 AM)RedTheForestRanger Wrote: I apologize for the miscommunication. I didn't pirate the iso. Smile I have a friend that let me download it from a Dropbox. He OWNS the game irl. He doesn't live in the same city so I told him just to send me the iso so I can emulate it. If you would like to see this iso in the dropbox I'll link it for you. If you still consider this piracy I will calmly and respectfully resign from this forum. I again apologize for the misunderstanding.

it should be alright then i guess? because it is uploaded to dropbox its technically priating because its a copy of the game and not the original disk... il let the admin decide on this.

ot:
but what is your problem then exactly?
you dont know how to dump the bios from your ps2 to the pc?

there is a guide to do that but i cant find the link xD
guess you bave to wait for someone else to provide you the links Tongue
And for your config for dark cloud here are the settings:

EE CycleRate (2): noticeable speedup, setting it
to 3 causes problems in FMVs

INTC Sync Hack: small if any speedup, no
issues

Idle Loop Fast Forward: noticeable speedup, no
issues

VU Cycle Stealing: noticeable speedup, but
have issues if set higher than 1 (slight)

MTVU: Noticeable speedup in quads, or Tri
core, Breaks load/save on Memorycard when
using SaveStates

Interlacing Mode: Bob tff

The game is extremely GPU intensive, If having
low FPS, try running in native resolution mode,
scaling also creates tiling in the GUI and purple
haze around GUI objects. DX10 mode fixes
some UI problems such as the map and the
levels introduction text.

(Taken from the pxsx2 wiki page)
link := http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Dark_Cloud

This is the guide to dump your ps2 bios
http://orangpelupa.blogspot.com/2007/06/...h.html?m=1

or this is another guide
http://www.ehow.com/how_8724698_dump-own...pcsx2.html
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
Windows 8.1 64bit
Okay- Last thing I would want to do is cause any issues on your guys' forum. I sincerely apologize for the piracy issue. If my friend sending me a private iso is still piracy to Admins here then I will take my leave. Smile I'm the last person you'll see causing problems on a forum. XD I should know - Used to run one for a 300+ member gaming community. So many problems. -_-

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm honestly not to keen on messing with anything but PC's. Sad
Everything else is just a rage inducer.

@PostalDude - Thanks for the helpful DK settings post. This will help in the long run for sure! Cheers mate.

EDIT:
I realize now that PCSX2 is more than just an emulator you can just setup and go. I'm sorry to bother everyone here and will be on my way. I'll just have to wait for some cash flow and order DK for Ebay or something. Please disregard my posts/thread.

Cheers everyone!
For those who run this place. Very great job and awesome aesthetics. Have a good one! And GL for further PCSX2 builds!!!!
Cheers Smile
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
Windows 8.1 64bit
The moment you said about downloading a BIOS, this forum will not support you. This thread may be closed anytime now. The forum doesn't support piracy in any form. All I can suggest you is that, you either buy a PS2 or figure it out yourself.

As for BIOS being used, games work best on anything other than the initial japanese release of the PS2. Although the stuff about your friend giving his PS2 to you, I can't really comment on that except if your friend could get the BIOS out of his PS2 and send it to you. Of course, should you try to get the BIOS through "other" means, you won't get any help from this forum.

In short, no downloading anything over the internet.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Wait, sorry. After re-reading the thread, it seems like you're asking about getting Dark Cloud even if you don't have the disc. Now that IS NOT ALLOWED. There's only 2 ways of getting the game. Buying the game legitimately OR by physically having a copy in your hands. Downloads are a no.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti