Need some help with Raw Danger!
Hey everyone, so looking at the Raw Ranger! PCSX2 wiki, there are two known issues with the game and its too do with VRAM usage and broken post processing effects.

There is a fix and it's to use Cheat Engine, you have to set the 4-byte value of address 2048D824 to 0.

However my lack of Cheat Engine knowledge is not really helping me out.

Can anyone help a poor dude out?

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Raw_Danger!

Sponsored links

Create a file called <crc>.pnach inyour cheats directory where <crc> matches the crc of your game (can be retrieved from the log/console) and open it in a text editor. Put the following line inside:

Code:
patch=1,2048D824,extended,00000000

Enable cheats and run the game.

Or

Use cheatengine, run pcsx2, attach pcsx2 in cheatengine (blinking square) and enter address manually (somewhere in the lower psrt of the gui).
After adding the address you shouldsee its entry in the lower list. Double click on its value and set it to zero. Freeze the value. Thats it.
(12-29-2015, 11:23 PM)willkuer Wrote: Create a file called <crc>.pnach inyour cheats directory where <crc> matches the crc of your game (can be retrieved from the log/console) and open it in a text editor. Put the following line inside:

Code:

Or

Use cheatengine, run pcsx2, attach pcsx2 in cheatengine (blinking square) and enter address manually (somewhere in the lower psrt of the gui).
After adding the address you shouldsee its entry in the lower list. Double click on its value and set it to zero. Freeze the value. Thats it.
Thank you very much.
There seems to be an official fix by sony.
As the ps3 emulator seems to suffer from the same problems, there is a 'fixed' version on the japanese PSN store...
...if one buys it, it is possible to get hold of the CONFIG patches and apply them to pcsx2, without using cheat menu etc.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/%...0000000000
This isn't the 'PS3 emulator'. There's absolutely no reason to spend money on that. Especially considering there's a free fix right here.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I did not say "this is the ps3 emulator", i said "AS the ps3 emulator" it suffers the same problems on THIS game. And if you notice some of the patches are almost equal (even 1:1 on kessen). Some problems are result of emulation per se, thats why ps3 netemu + pcsx2 suffer the same issues.
And your free fix consists of using a non-gameplay-intentioned debug menu for disabling actual used game graphics effects, thats the way to go, right?
And ofc there is at least ONE reason to spend money on this, and the valid reason is that sony somehow fixed this issue not in this ugly way.
There's no debug menu involved. It's a simple pnach file that you place in a folder to fix the issue. Other than that you don't have to do a single thing.

Please explain to me how this is an 'ugly fix' and why I should pay money instead to get Sony's fix that's apparently so much better.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(12-29-2015, 11:23 PM)willkuer Wrote: Create a file called <crc>.pnach inyour cheats directory where <crc> matches the crc of your game (can be retrieved from the log/console) and open it in a text editor. Put the following line inside:

Code:

Or

How do I open it with a text editor? I made the file but dont understand where to put the code.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go