Need some help with settings.
Hey guys. Well I just had a horrible year so far. I parked my Ryzen for much needed upgrades. 2 weeks ago my I7 popped 2 caps and Now I am sitting with an AMD FM1 A8-3870K with and RX470. I don't need much more tbh as I do web development and not much gaming.

I really want to play some of my old ps 2 collection but the problem is I get 43fps average and sometimes less. I know that this emulator are more cpu intense. I use to have an fx 4170 with a gtx 1050 ti and it could not run GT4. I upgraded with the same gpu to a ryzen 5 2600 and it run it full speed. Now I did try and find a vulkan driver for 1.6.0 as this cpu does not have avx. If i remember correct this cpu has sse 4 and PCSX 2 need 4.1 ( speaking under correction ) This cpu is over clocked and you can't tell me this cpu runs slower than my old FX 4170 as only game it Struggled with was GT3/4 and it had a 1050 ti and not a true quad core.

What I tried was oc my cpu from 3ghz to 3.3ghz I can go higher as I have an AIO on but personally I don't see that it will make that much of a difference and If I want to do so I need more volt on cpu I got 300mhz with an undervolt.

I tried different hack/settings.
I tried Different backend.
I tried higher resolution to force PCSX 2 to be gpu bound.

Funny thing is. Even on 1440p and 4k it still runs at 43fps average also with different backends. I can try to force 30fps lock with riva tuner. It may work but this is the only emulator I have problems with. Everything else works fine. Forgot to mention that I tested it with NFS Carbon mainly to keep it constant for test purposes.

Sorry for the long text but man I am at whips end with this as I cannot see how this emulator uses more resources than my other emulators.

Sponsored links

well, your A8 is clearly the bottleneck, here
It has an STR of 1219 without overclocking (maybe can push around 1300-1350 with that overclocking) which is clearly sub par for pcsx2.
sweet spot with 1.6 was around 1600, maybe 1800 for demanding games like GT4

I guess you'll have to keep using your real ps2 until you can get a better cpu
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go