Need some help with settings
Well ive been using PSCX2 for over a year and kept up with the threads and what not, just finally decided to create an account. But ive been reading that a lot of people are getting great results with less quality computers than my laptop. Here is the link to the exact laptop i have with all of the specs listed.

In short:

CPU: i7 2.00GHz (2.9 turbo)
RAM: 6GB DDR3
GRAPHICS: Intel HD 3000

Ive seen some youtube videos of people getting amazing quality with Intel HD 2000... Am i screwing something up in my settings or is this normal?

One game in particular is Matrix, Path of Neo. It is playable, as ive played for multiple hours on end, but my shadow doesnt get displayed, it lags sometimes, where other times it races up to 13x FPS. On average its at 40 - 50 fps but the graphics suck. Like nothings smooth its all jittery.

I'll post more info as people request cause im not sure exactly whats necessary to get your help. Thanks everyone for reading Smile

Sponsored links

you need to install the latest Intel HD graphics drivers and use an svn build of pcsx2, as the 1.0 release has an issue with HD 2000-4000 graphics and shadows

otherwise, the shadow is hacked out because of graphics issues
An i7 QM with no dedicated video card? I wonder what kind of work your laptop is designed for.

For speed, use native res as the HD 3000 is pretty weak. As far as I remember, Intel integrated GPUs had problem with DirectX 10. Use DirectX 9 and see if it helps. Maybe you need a SVN build as Squall said, if all else fail.
(09-21-2012, 04:00 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: you need to install the latest Intel HD graphics drivers and use an svn build of pcsx2, as the 1.0 release has an issue with HD 2000-4000 graphics and shadows

otherwise, the shadow is hacked out because of graphics issues

:3 just checked my version of driver date, yeah didnt realize it was over a year old. Intel's website has one that was released a couple months ago. And i'll search for the SVN build. Thanks for your reply!

(09-21-2012, 05:27 PM)Livy Wrote: An i7 QM with no dedicated video card? I wonder what kind of work your laptop is designed for.

For speed, use native res as the HD 3000 is pretty weak. As far as I remember, Intel integrated GPUs had problem with DirectX 10. Use DirectX 9 and see if it helps. Maybe you need a SVN build as Squall said, if all else fail.

Yeah i was upset it didnt have a designated graphics card, but i had to "downgrade" the entire machine in order to get the designated graphics card. So i stuck with this one. Its a beast when crunching Blu-Ray movies to my HDD, or when building apks and such things like that. The graphics is the weakest link of the entire machine. But i am too poor to buy another one right now. Maybe later. Might just build a desktop for PCSX2.

But surprisingly DirectX10 gave better FPS than DX9. I'll try the SVN build and im updating the graphics driver as well.

Thanks everyone for the insight and recommendations Smile

Just found this for SVN builds. I think im on the right track right? lol and i noticed its only 32bit, will that make a huge difference since im on a 64bit cpu?
not a bit, the emulator already uses handwritten 128bit assembly at points and your cpu is avx/sse4.2 capable
(09-21-2012, 07:09 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: not a bit, the emulator already uses handwritten 128bit assembly at points and your cpu is avx/sse4.2 capable

Alright, so i downloaded the updated drivers, downloaded SVN and i see my shadow, but holy lag.. its horrible beyond playable now. And in the original PCSX2 v1.0.0 it has horrible flickering... what did i screw up?
I also keep getting this.

GSdx: out-of-memory, texturing temporarily disabled

Why? i am only at 37 percent of my memory being used....
did you restart after performing the update
(09-21-2012, 11:43 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: did you restart after performing the update

no -.- noob mistake -.-

lol

btw which mobile graphics card would be good for pcsx2? I might sell my current one and get something better. trying to stay under 1000 dollars.