Need some setup advice...
Hello everyone. I've got a some questions on getting PCSX2 working decently on my setup.

Before I go in, I need to note that I know I'm not gonna get the resolution upscaling to work on this build, but the monitor's not brilliant so it's no big deal to me. I'm trying to get everything working at 1x resolution.

I'm running PCSX2 on a PC that should, in theory, be able to run games through PCSX2 at full speed. However, it does not. It's a very slight decrease, 85-90% speed, but it's just enough to be an issue. I've messed with settings to no avail, but have also noticed that PCSX2 does not seem to be using any GPU at all, and I was wondering if that could help, or if it's even possible to make the GPU do anything.

I'm looking for some advice on how to set things up to get things working at full speed preferably without frameskipping.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

System specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1030

Sponsored links

Quote:I'm running PCSX2 on a PC that should, in theory, be able to run games through PCSX2 at full speed.
er...
no, really, no. your gpu isn't that bad
but that cpu won't cut it. sorry
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
That's strange because my brother got things working on an E8400 a while back. He's since gotten rid of it and can't recall what he did.
'a while back' ?
Requirements raised up. If you mean 4 years ago, then maybe...
(08-29-2020, 12:45 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 'a while back' ?
Requirements raised up. If you mean 4 years ago, then maybe...

Can't recall for sure, but that sounds like it's in the ballpark.

Also, he's quite a computer nerd so come to think of it he may have overclocked the CPU. (he claims he didn't, but as he doesn't recall what he did I'm not going to blindly assume that to be the case)
Still. Even with an overclock, performance gain wouldn't be awesome. Your CPU's STR is below 1300, bare minimum we recommend is 1600 for non demanding games.
What game are you trying btw ?
(08-29-2020, 01:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Still. Even with an overclock, performance gain wouldn't be awesome. Your CPU's STR is below 1300, bare minimum we recommend is 1600 for non demanding games.
What game are you trying btw ?

I've been using Virtua Fighter 4 as my testbed due to it being the only ISO I have that will load - I think the other ISOs I have are corrupt(gives me a CDVD plugin error when I try to load them).

(for the record, this build is in an arcade cabinet, so EVERYTHING I'm trying are arcade-style things - the ISOs I have include Bloody Roar 3, Gradius V, and Street Fighter EX3)
those are quite light games (except virtua fighter 4 that can be a mid-demanding game)
but definitely, don't get high hopes on this rig
Would something like this(with the GPU swapped into it) do the trick? (trying to find a somewhat cheap option to get this job done) https://www.microcenter.com/product/6225...furbished)
Nope. That CPU is too weak too. In fact, it"s just a tad more powerful than your e8500