Need to increase speed...
Hi, I'm new to this, I love the fact my latop has become a ps2 XD

However, I just got gta San Andreas, and while it's playable...is thier any way to configure it so it runs closer to 40-50 fps instead of 10-25 fps?

I'm usually preety good at driving the cars, but the lag...well yeah-I'm aware that the emulator is still not perfect but I'm curios if there are any special configurations that other's use to speed it up, such as turning off certain options...

Btw, my laptop does allow the pc game Halo to run at full speed and pretty high graphics, but..I'm more a console player than a pc expert, so not sure if it's just the power of my laptop...

I just need an idea of what options I could take to speed up San andreas a tad

Some specs just incase...

OS-vista

CPU-Intel core 2 duo

2GHz (2 cpu's)

Card-ATI mobility Radeon HD 3430

Direct x say's 10...but when I tried to use this first time with sonic mega collection plus it took me to get direct x 9 and I downloaded it Excl simply so it could work...but Halo was unaffected XD

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put it, just need input, and anywork arounds to increase the speed, I'm very much aware it's a big game Smile

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored links

Your CPU and GPU is weak. Never tried GTA SA PS2, but AFAIK GTA VCS is fastest, because it is decent PSP port. GTAs on PCSX2/PS2 are known to use a lot of objects so when you are close to much objects it lags like hell
You have 2 options.
1)Buy PC version. You can mod it etc.
2)Buy decent PC or laptop(very expensive) with at least 3Ghz dualcore and nvidia 8xxx series.
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
You have a speed problem, if you have a plugin problem then Members may help you to solve it. Must Read the Guide that may help you to know everything about PCSX2.Like which GPU or CPU will you Need etc.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html

[Image: devilmaycry4wallpaper09.png]
Laptops are typically bad for PS2 emulation because of heat issues and shared video memory(in most instances). Only the really high end laptops will run the emulator well, and not nearly as well as a well built desktop machine. It also doesn't help that the GTA series is particularly demanding.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
My desktop can run halo with high settings flawlessly, but console emulation is a whole different ballgame. I can only get a little bit more speed with minimum settings.
Oh okay, thanks, I would go buy a better comp, but...

A-Today (jjust guessing) I lost my job so no cash for a long time...

B-I'm computer illiterate-I don't know how to build one just to use them

C-We have a home computer already, but because of the problems I have had in the past I'm not allowed to touch it-thus I was given a laptop...

I was hoping thier was some work around-like downloading a plugin that would allow me to turn off some power options in order to increase speed, oh well thanks anyways...don't mind the job thing it's common during these times.
(04-09-2009, 03:12 AM)mds64 Wrote: Oh okay, thanks, I would go buy a better comp, but...

A-Today (jjust guessing) I lost my job so no cash for a long time...

B-I'm computer illiterate-I don't know how to build one just to use them

C-We have a home computer already, but because of the problems I have had in the past I'm not allowed to touch it-thus I was given a laptop...

I was hoping thier was some work around-like downloading a plugin that would allow me to turn off some power options in order to increase speed, oh well thanks anyways...don't mind the job thing it's common during these times.

I feel your pain. I've been looking for a job since friggin' November =/
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
A quick fix is to edit gsdx ini and chang the res to 384x384. you will find the ini in the ini folder..Then launch pcsx2,very good increse, but looks alittle worse
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
Why don't you just get the PC version if you want to play GTA SA so badly? I don't think it'll be that hard to find...
It'll be quite difficult to get it fullspeed, no matter what you do... this is a quite demanding game for this emu... but anyways, just try the latest beta with the speedhacks. Again, i don't think you'll get to 50fps... not even 40...
...I can find the latest version of grand theft auto, but not san andreas, I live in australia and thus...we miss alot of releases other more better gaming equiped countries have...

And my laptop can't even play the latest, oh well, I'll survive thanks to the ini tip.