Need your help
(07-20-2012, 10:02 AM)KruesephiikZ Wrote: It's not a matter of the clock speed, it's the processor make. Those old Q-models aren't enough to handle the high speed rendering that PCSX2 requires. I run 2.4GHz core i7-3610QM with an nvidia geforce gt 650m & 10 gigs of ram and get full speed on all the games I've tried so far, if they are under the 'playable' list. Sometimes I get kicked back to about 50 fps but that's only if things get hectic really fast. It goes back to full speed after 1-1.5 seconds... stop griping about *speed* and start worrying about make & model.

Have you ever stop and think that he could very well match your IPS if he just increase his clockspeed?

Sponsored links

(07-20-2012, 10:04 AM)naoan Wrote: Have you ever stop and think that he could very well match your IPS if he just increase his clockspeed?

No need to be nasty now... and yes I have, I've OC'd a q6600 as my old desktop has that processor in it. It just doesn't run as well.
How about now with all the improvement of PCSX2?
Yeah, I just tried it out here about 4 days ago after I compiled the latest trunk. I can get reasonable speed out of it, but nothing like what I get on my i7.
What's your Q6600 clockspeed?
I managed to get it up to 3.0GHz.
Yeah no, you probably need to get it to 3.6 or more to match Ivy.