Needing some help, over here
(04-16-2012, 01:17 PM)Saiki Wrote: if theres's an OFFICIAL source to download it (meaning konami themselves for instance) then that link would be fine reguadless.

also:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...#pid218050
(mine's PAL too)

is yours PAL-E? or in portueguese?

Well, the only thing in Portuguese are the menus of the demo-selection screens, if I'm not mistaken (since I'm always in such constant contact with both Portuguese and English, I sometimes forget in which language I've read/heard stuff). Other than that, it's completely in English.
And neat, your screenshots are looking really clean. I suppose you want to take a peek at some screenies of my emulator? I guess knowing exactly how those lines all over the screen look could help in detecting the problem. I'll take the screenshots either later today or tomorrow.

Sponsored links

ok, that's not a big deal I was just asking. I speak partial spanish and that's close enough to navigate menus. and as I've beaten the game I know the story very well, so I can focus on speed testing.
hello, for what i said about Nvidia Optimus, download and install this driver for it, http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/43710 and then hit window key, type NVIDIA Control Panel, manage 3d settins, the tab program settings, add, find the .exe for the version of PCSX2 your using, select preferred graphics card and select Nvidia card, my other suggestion is now that your have a SVN release, under speed hacks make sure the MTVU hack is on, since you have a quad core, leave EE cycle rate at default and try sliding vu cycle stealing to 1 or 2+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
Yes it is legal, demos are freely distributed. That said, it is obviously not the problem of a demo or anything like that.
The Ratched and Clank games are known to have nasty speed and texture problems with GSdx, and with that mobile PC having a low-clocked CPU (relatively low, for this game) the speed you get is expected.
MGS3 is also known for being CPU hungry (although I believe R&C is worse because of the bugs) but my guess is that the graphics card is limiting you there...still you should not expect very good speeds. If this was a desktop you would get much better results but a mobile i7 is a bit of a problem with PCSX2 and taxing games.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ok, so with that info CaveShinobi, upload the MGS3 demo iso and post a link. I will personally check it

@bosit: speed test with setting of full game vs demo. to see if there's any differences
@Saiki
.iso created. With what has been said and from my little experience with my own R&C3 copy, I seriously doubt it's a demo-related problem, though, but I guess checking won't hurt. Where do you suggest I post it, though? After all, this .iso is almost 4GB, so I don't think it'll be that easy to host it anywhere.

@Bositman
Yeah, I figured I'd have some problems emulating the PS2, with this being a laptop and all. And, in fact, from the 3 games I've tried, one of them (Zone of the Enders) did run pretty smoothly, except in larger areas during combat, which is expected. My biggest gripe right now are the blue lines in the MGS3 demo (which I'm sure would still be there, were I to play the full version).

And on R&C3, I played a bit more after enabling the speedhacks Chik'Tikka suggested and adding PCSX2 to that list in the 3D settings, and the game seemed much faster. Only real problem I had were, again, textures, but, like you said, that's the plugin's fault. Anyway, I've played through that game about five times already on my console, so I'm not going to complain. This was more for the sake of testing than anything else. I was kind of hoping the buggy textures were more easily fixed.
However, I wonder... Do you happen to know of any other plugin that might work well with R&C's textures?

EDIT: @Saiki
Didn't notice that there's no limit to attachments here on the forum. Will be uploading the file right now; it will probably take a while, so I'm leaving this edit here just in case you check this thread before I'm done.
(04-17-2012, 03:47 PM)CaveShinobi Wrote: @Saiki
.iso created. With what has been said and from my little experience with my own R&C3 copy, I seriously doubt it's a demo-related problem, though, but I guess checking won't hurt. Where do you suggest I post it, though? After all, this .iso is almost 4GB, so I don't think it'll be that easy to host it anywhere.

EDIT: @Saiki
Didn't notice that there's no limit to attachments here on the forum. Will be uploading the file right now; it will probably take a while, so I'm leaving this edit here just in case you check this thread before I'm done.

there is a limit. rar it and upload to 4shared. the DEMO not the full game. (the MGS3 demo specifically)
(04-17-2012, 03:58 PM)Saiki Wrote: there is a limit. rar it and upload to 4shared. the DEMO not the full game. (the MGS3 demo specifically)

There is? Uh, it says "Unlimited" in there, so I thought it really had no limit. And completely forgot I could save the MGS3 demo alone (didn't even remember to explore the disk before creating the first .iso).

EDIT: Well, seems like I can't create an .iso using only a few files from the disk instead of the whole thing. At least with my current software. I hope you don't mind having to make it an .iso yourself, as I don't know of any program that can save a folder in an .iso. Unless DVD Decrypter can, in which case I'm not finding the option for it.
wait.. is the MGS3 demo part of R&C3?
It's the MGS3 demo. Which is in the same disk for the R&C3 demo. And a bunch of other demos. It came with the Official PS2 Magazine (Portuguese edition, April 2005, 31st DVD).
Maybe I should've been a bit more clear at the start. I first tried both demos (didn't have access to my full games, at that moment). Later, I regained access to them and decided to try my R&C3 and ZoE full versions.
Anyway, even though MGS is in its own folder, I have no idea if I can put it in its own .iso with the programs I currently have. Furthermore, I don't even know if it would work, seeing how the demo disk has its own main menu. No idea if we can only access the demo through it or if the main part has any important stuff to run MGS3.

Seeing how it'll be 3.8GB, I guess there isn't any host where I can upload it to. Anyway, like I said before, I somewhat doubt the problem may be related to the demo, after seeing that both the full version and the demo of R&C3 had the same glitches. Thanks for offering to help, though.