Needing some noob help...
I have tried to follow the OEguide here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html

but apparently I am still too new at the whole linux thing, because I can't get past step #... well, the opening paragraph for linux users. I am using Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" and I just need a bit of help. I'd do it in windows, but my system is not having a good run of it lately. I don't know how or where to get the files it states, so I can't really configure or install it. I have the pcsx2_0.9.6_linux.tar.gz file... I just need some guru advice. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

Quote:1) Packages, need to be installed:
subversion
libbz-dev
libglew1.5-dev
libxxf86vm-dev
nvidia-cg-toolkit
libasound2-dev
joystick
libsdl1.2-dev
libgtk2.0-dev
autoconf
automake

simply run this: sudo apt-get install

you can also one-line these like this:

sudo apt-get install subversion libbz-dev libglew1.5-dev libxxf86vm-dev nvidia-cg-toolkit libasound2-dev joystick libsdl1.2-dev libgtk2.0-dev autoconf automake
thanks so much! You've been very helpful. Hopefully after work tonight I can get this thing up and running. I'm a CSDT (Computer Software Development Technician) major, but I have barely ever used linux, and I'm not that far into the program. Thanks for the help, hopefully I'll be able to look at the source and offer some help in the near future.
uh, btw... I can't seem to get libbz-dev to install... the line says:

darren@darren-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install libbz-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package libbz-dev

help? thoughts?
libbz2-dev perhaps
(07-18-2009, 03:36 AM)Saiki Wrote: libbz2-dev perhaps

yerp, that worked. thanks. well, I think it did. It installed properly at least.