Negative Color Direct3D 11
Hello All,

I am having an issue with some games when using direct 3D 11 (hardware), where the colors are inverted for the game. This happens with both Mega Man X8, and Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, but not with FFX. (only 3 games I've tested). Also, upon first setting up (or re-setting up) pcsx2 everything works great! When I close and re-open the program however the problem persists unless I either switch to d3d9 or reset all settings (fresh install). I have tried disabling external shaders, to no avail. I would really like to use d3d11 so I can use gsdxfx. Below are my system specs, and I have attached my ini folder, and all of my system hardware specs, as well as my directx diagnostics and software info. Thank you!

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160527-1834)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
             System Model: PX60 2QD
                     BIOS: E16H6IMS.10I
                Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16300MB RAM
                Page File: 4370MB used, 14360MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
       System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 950m

Attached Files
.zip   inis.zip (Size: 5,08 KB / Downloads: 152)

Sponsored links

What version of PCSX2 are you using?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-27-2016, 01:07 AM)refraction Wrote: What version of PCSX2 are you using?

It happens on both the stable 1.4.0 and today's latest developer build
Also the problem is not truly a "negative color" problem as whites and blacks are unaffected. The red and blue spectrum is reversed however.
looking at this thread, try putting your scaling to "native" and see if the problem is still there? if not, have a look through that thread for a solution, I didn't look at the way.

Setting it to Native does fix it, and changing it back brings the problem back. I wonder what could be causing the problem. I only use pcsx2 instead of my backwards compatible ps3 because I want to upscale the games better. (and take advantage of the savestate and turbo features)
Then I would have a look through that thread I linked to see if there is a solution

(06-27-2016, 05:43 PM)refraction Wrote: Then I would have a look through that thread I linked to see if there is a solution

There is not :-\
(06-27-2016, 06:43 PM)InanimateCrbnRod Wrote: There is not :-\

well from reading one post (the last one) in that thread I saw a solution. Use OpenGL or Direct3D9, they seem to work fine. I would however recommend OpenGL, it is generally better.

OpenGL is slow on my laptop, and d3d9 can't use shaders, which isn't the end of the world, though the picture is noticeably better on d3d11, and faster. Oh well, thank you for your help. Maybe the problem will be fixed in a future release.