Neo Contra works in 1.0.0, not in 1.1.0r5622
In 1.0.0 official public release, Neo Contra can get through the main badguy in the first level, crashing occasionally on the tank before the main badguy of Level 1. The Level 1 crash is avoided by killing the 2 badguys on platforms above the tank BEFORE destroying the tank.

In 1.1.0r5623 official SVN build, Neo Contra gives a white screen immediately upon starting level 1. I have found no way to play the game in 1.1.0r5623.

If anybody has any comments or suggestions as to what needs to be done in SVN 1.1.0r5623 to avoid the "White Screen of Death", that'd be great.

Thank you.

Sponsored links

To further help you. Please post your system specs and your emulator settings.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 3.939Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 580 1536MB
RAM: 12GB

Build Description: PCSX2 30 04 2013 1.1.0 r5622- Windows
GSdx 5620 SSE41
LilyPad 0.11.0 5403
cdvdGigaherz 0.8.0 5403
USBnull Driver 0.7.0 5484
SPU2-X 2.0.0 5559
DEV9null Driver 0.5.0 5403
FWnull Driver 0.7.0 5484

BIOS Used: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Zero

All default values used in emulator.
That might be because we deleted an IPU related hack.
Check if the older version says something like "patches loaded: x" and the new one does not.
Additionally, you could try manually enabling the SkipMpeg hack under gamefixes to see if that helps.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Enabling SkipMpeg hack hack does start the game, but causes freezing immediately upon showing the first level.

Using the older 1.0.0 revision, the window *does* show "(GameDB) Patches Loaded: 2".

I'm guessing the removal of this IPU hack broke the way Neo Contra starts the game.

Is there a way to inject the patch for Neo Contra back into the GameDB to see how it performs under a new build? Or even build a pnach for the game that's missing the code?
should be back in the SVN when you can download r5625
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thank you very much, ya'll! Looking forward to it!
hey guys, I made a post in another thread... and I just found this one, since it's newer, I have copied the post.

I've been looking over the forums and google, and really not much luck, but here's what I have found by tinkering with some of the settings.

I have been able to play through stage 2 and stage 3 completely, hangs at the start of stage 1 and hangs during the battle with an airship in stage 4.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when the screen goes white on stage 1 the debug screen shows it reading the dvd, sector by sector to no avail. I actually tried leaving it to see if any other error came up. So far after 20 mins it's still reading the dvd. Same occurs in stage 4

I know this is a crazy old thread, but it's the newest one I could find.

I would like to note I am using rev 5766, all speed hacks, and all game fixes disabled

**EDIT I also unchecked "Automatic Game Fixes"