Neopets - The Darkest Faerie Glitch
I found a emulator-exclusive glitch in Neopets: The Darkest Faerie. Video below:

Note that while this game is notoriously glitchy, this does NOT happen on real hardware. I've tested it. The video was made in an older version of PCSX2, but the glitch exhibited still occurs as of v1.5.0-dev-2234-g7a71b6f3d. I haven't gotten far enough to see if this happens on other instances of this enemy, but in any case it at the very least makes you unable to do any more Meridell Arena battles after the first one, but you can still get the free shield. If it DOES occur on other instances of the same enemy, however, it might make the game unbeatable. Oh, and here's my computer's specs (it's an MSI laptop):

Intel Core i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4 GB (mobile version)
8 GB RAM

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Okay, here's what's missing from the first post.

Computer is running Windows 10
GSdx OpenGL, 3x resolution, 4x anisotropic filtering, basic mipmapping enabled

Edit: Also, running Neopets: The Darkest Faerie from an .iso.
Do you have MTVU hack disabled? Does the console show anything when it hangs?
MTVU is enabled, but this isn't a hang, it's a softlock. You can still open the menu. If you didn't bother with the video, getting hit by a certain enemy causes your character to get stuck in place flailing their arms. So, yeah, the rest of the game still functions, but you're not going anywhere.
Since this is less then 6 months old I don't mind reviving it. To fix that "bug" Is the same as fixing the flying to roof of the map glitch in rogue galaxy. Change EE/FPU Round mode to Negative. And Tor will land on his butt. Now if only some of the "other" glitches that are native to hardware could be fixed.
[Image: xckarn-5.png]
(02-04-2018, 07:14 PM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: Since this is less then 6 months old I don't mind reviving it. To fix that "bug" Is the same as fixing the flying to roof of the map glitch in rogue galaxy. Change EE/FPU Round mode to Negative. And Tor will land on his butt. Now if only some of the "other" glitches that are native to hardware could be fixed.

Does changing the EE/FPU round mode cause any other glitches? Also, it would help future users if you could make a test case in the compatibility list Smile
I don't think so? I only found the fix later on when you go to help a village (just now), And I don't know how to submit a test case ^^" Tho if it fixes the weird cutscene lag that would be a bonus.
Assuming you're using the US version of the game, the thread would be here: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Neopets-...pid=229893&highlight=neopets#pid229893

Make sure you follow the template and include your GSdx settings as well Smile
It's posted.