New 1.5x speedhack
Just wondering how exectly he works or it will be working with specific games only? Tryed in Grandia 3 with enabled speed 1.5x EE Cycle rate and got nearby 66 fps; with enabled 3x EE Cycle rate i got 64 fps in title screen. IOP x2 and WaitCycles sync hack was enabled too.
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Use whatever works best. Speed hacks don't always benefit game speeds because of synchronization issues within the emulation state. Every game synchronizes itself with the vertical refresh timer (vsync), SPU2 (audio), and VU1 differently. Some methods rely on more accurate cycle rates or else they just end up missing or losing important events, and spin idly waiting for other parts of he emu to "catch up."

The x1.5 and x2 cycle rates are best usually. x3 can be a big speedup for some games, but causes emulation problems or slowdowns for the majority of games. I'd love to describe all this stuff in the box itself, but there's only so much room. Tongue
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Thank you for quick answer. I`ll try difference settings for each game. For Grandia 3 better use x3 sync hack, he gives more bigger speed up especially in specific places, for example, during battles.
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64
but beware: like mentioned in another thread, speed hacks actually slow down the emulated ps2 to a lower frequency. so the emulator needs less cpu power and therefore the game runs better. that's how i understand it.
for some games, it's okay if the ps2 core runs with 100mhz (instead of 300) with the x3 hack. but other games may begin to stutter, even if the fps counter says 80fps. happened to me with okami, where both x2 and x3 speed hacks are not recommended, at least for me.
(01-02-2009, 06:03 AM)ottoman Wrote: happened to me with okami, where both x2 and x3 speed hacks are not recommended, at least for me.

Speaking of that, I implemented the 1.5x hack specifically for that case. But it might still be too aggressive to be useful, I dunno. If you can, let me know how the 1.5x hack works for you on Okami.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
the x1.5 speed hack in addition with the IOPx2 and the waitcycles hack work really good for me in okami. the new speed hack menu is well done, too. thanks alot! Smile