Poll: Will it work full frames?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
1 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New Budget Build will it work good?
Big Grin 
Prices are estimated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Even for a budget build, the parts you're buying are a bit old already. A GT 730 won't really cut it for PCSX2 in the more demanding games, you might be able to get away with running games at 2x native but I wouldn't expect much more than that.

Also, 4GB isn't really a great choice in a newer PC imo, it's the bare minimum required. I would highly recommend you buy 8GB instead of 4GB, but with RAM prices being so high - it will be better to wait for the market to die down.
Yo. i think you should try it.

the cpu's str looks solid, being 2000+. the graphics card may be decent for twice or even more resolution. gflops are lower then what i have. memory bandwidth is okayish. i dunno how important both specs are. no idea how the memory bandwidth scales with the ps2 48GB/s. demanding games may not perform under certain (peak requirement) circumstances. gotta agree that ram is a bit too low imho. 6 gb may do. but 8 gb are standard.

with a i3 7100 you get more for le$$. google has it listed at lowest being 99$ (local here). that'd give you 30$ more to balance more ram or another gpu. also found the board for 60$ (local here). another 30$ to balance for other stuff. mmh. daily number lottery. i'm sure you could bag some better things or cheap with a bit of luck. Smile
I run a very simular graphics card (the revision 2 GT640) and CK and dabore are correct 1-2x resolution with limited to no visual enhancements is about what you should generally expect. The ram is low and if you can I might recomend checking craig's list, ebay or other resellers to find working used DDR3 ram since you might get a better deal from someone who recently upgraded to a DDR4 only platform.
The processor is good to go, I'd look at something a little beefier than the 730.. a used 750 would handle just about everything at 4x and should be easy to pickup cheap.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
To be honest, I would wait for prices to come down, you will get a much better system for your money. Right now is a bad time to upgrade your computer.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

when will the prices go down? will they ever? there's only up in demand for cash.
This is a purposely a Native build (which is why i got it off the recommended specs list on wiki)
They will go down again, the mining bubble will burst once again, just like it did before. The hot cryptocurrency will soon not be feasable to run on GPU's and the market will be flooded with second hand GPU's and shops will be clambering to sell new ones.

As for memory, that always goes up and down, in maybe a year you'll be able to buy 16Gb of memory for a potato.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

refraction.. ethereum, the current baby of miners, supposedly has checks to prevent asic mining.. Rumor has it someone has gotten an asic designed and tested lol. The 4gb cards will be dropping soon, and the 3gb cards should already be dropping. The DAG on the cards has passed the 3gb mark now, so anything less than or equal to 3gb vram is not going to work ...
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case