New Gaming Rig Help
(09-30-2015, 06:31 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I'm not sure Sony would appreciate this...

Then they should have never quit making games for such an awesome console xD

No but in seriousness, if sony doesn't have a problem with the emulator now, then they can't say anything later on. Right now as it stands the emulator uses anything sony, that card would not be sony tech, it would be created by us FOR the emulator. Because of that, you could sell it legally and if this project is legal now, it will be legal then. We wouldn't be making money off the emulator but the accessories for the emulator. As long as we classified it like that legally they are done.

Kinda like a minecraft server with plugins and paid ranks. Technically you can't charge people to use those plugins, so how can someone create a rank "Superman" and allow players who bought it to use /fly? That command is not created by the server owner and Essentials say you cannot charge money for their plugin. All you do is add to your TOS, "When you purchase a rank you are not buying the perks of the rank, you are paying for our labor that went into creating the server and hosting it." Therefor you are selling your own work and not a plugin yet the plugin is still what is drawing in the buyers. Although it's tricky and rude in some people eyes, legally its allowed.

I am not trying to push anyones buttons, and it sounds like my ideas are kinda pissing some people off. So I will just leave it be and throw money at the project like the rest. 

In all honesty and whole heartedness, I do appreciate this project, and I would like to say thank you, to all the people who have worked their asses off to make this happen. Please don't ever give up, and stay strong till the very end! Me and a million others are supporting you and your cause!

Best Wishes,
0Z

Sponsored links

(09-30-2015, 06:34 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: And our goal isn't to make money, either. Sure we have some ads to support the site, but our work is, has, and always will be free and open source.

I can appreciate that, nothing wrong with that either. A perk doesn't need to be a goal however. The goal is to emulate a ps2 and having a PCI Card that does what most of the PS2 does would aid that goal a thousand fold.
It does, but it would be illegal and take far too much time to bother with.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Anyway creating a dedicated card at this point would be silly, all other arguments aside.

Modern high end PCs have no trouble emulating 99% of games at good speed, and hardware is only going to get faster. There is even cheap hardware that can do quite well, like G3258
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD