New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017
(01-30-2017, 03:57 PM)RobbeS Wrote: I just lost all my cars. It said the save state of my memory card changed and I had to create new data. So I lost every car besides the one I was "driving". Is there any way I can spawn in these vehicles again?

This problem occurs when you use savestates on this game. Basically if you load a savestate (the game did not load your actual save file from memory card) and you go to the Career Menu, the game tries to do an autosave over your actual game save file. But because there was no actual save file loaded from memory card, you get the error.

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Sponsored links

(01-29-2017, 02:46 PM)deadlyjoaquin Wrote: Custom Resolution in 16:9 ratio (1920×1080, 2560×1440 and 3840×2160) has worked better for me on this particular game. I makes the game run smoother and look sharper with no slowdowns on framerate. If I choose 3x game looks a bit blurry and I get some fps drops on certain maps. 4x and and above don't help either.

For some odd reason Automatic Gamefixes is causing random crashes with this game. It took me a while to figure it out. I have also found a post a little while back and someone suggesting to disable it cause they were having the same issue. As soon as I disabled it, no more crashes.

Hello Deadlyjoaquin and thank you for your guide and this thread. I just want to confirm that, at least on *my* end,  I too was experiencing random game crashes but I discovered it was because I had "VUs---Clamping Mode---Extra" enabled. As soon as I unchecked that, all was fine. DJ, are you sure the "Automatic Gamefixes" is not related to the "VUs---Clamping Mode---Extra" ? So you're saying you have AG disabled but you have VUs---Clamping Mode---Extra"
enabled and you're not getting any crashes at all anymore?

Another question I have is regarding your shader instructions. It looks like the GDSX.fx shader is not compatible with the D3D backend. Are you aware of this? You might want to make that correction.
Also, can someone *PLEASE* tell me how to eliminate this annoying flickering in the game? I'm getting an annoying screen flicker about every 5-10 seconds. It happens only when I have PCSX2's Aspect Ratio set to 16:9 or Widescreen. Running in 4:3 reduces the flicker significantly to about every 1 minute or so. But in 16:9 it's pretty bad. Does it wheather in-game aspect ratio is set to 16:9 or 4:9. I don't know what I changed but don't remember having this flicker before.

My settings are exactly the same as Deadlyjaoquin. Does it hardware *and* software mode! Does it in OGL and D3D as well. Automatic Gamefixes is unticked. What can I do to get rid of this?
Nice. Possible to improve your shader.fx on OpenGL mode with blending enable. Blending already fixes the light and brightness issues. Smile
(01-31-2017, 07:20 AM)Isamu Wrote: Hello Deadlyjoaquin and thank you for your guide and this thread. I just want to confirm that, at least on *my* end,  I too was experiencing random game crashes but I discovered it was because I had "VUs---Clamping Mode---Extra" enabled. As soon as I unchecked that, all was fine. DJ, are you sure the "Automatic Gamefixes" is not related to the "VUs---Clamping Mode---Extra" ? So you're saying you have AG disabled but you have VUs---Clamping Mode---Extra"
enabled and you're not getting any crashes at all anymore?

Another question I have is regarding your shader instructions. It looks like the GDSX.fx shader is not compatible with the D3D backend. Are you aware of this? You might want to make that correction.

Isamu,

This is what I mean:

[Image: y3mqKjj_RoOc0auoSqBepQQPiYknDAit-nXbrzw6...pmode=none]
Automatic Gamefixes is off, and  VUs Clamping mode is Extra
That fixed my random crashes.
About the Shader. Here's a pic for your understanding:
[Image: y3m9jmHiHSOGx9ZWInWUxN_lx7EU08V0Gv47pQjw...pmode=none]
I hope that helps you.

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
(02-03-2017, 01:15 AM)deadlyjoaquin Wrote: Automatic Gamefixes is off, and  VUs Clamping mode is Extra
That fixed my random crashes.
But giving what Isamu said and what I mentioned about VUs Clamping mode set to extra being the only automatic gamefix enabled for GT4 strongly suggests that that option is actually what's causing the crashes.
I can tell you guys for sure that I re-enabled clamping mode and started getting random crashes again almost immediately! Happened at Hong Kong in the Japanese Championship event. Having anything *other* than Clamping Mode>normal delivers the random crashes for me. I'm really curious as to why you're not getting them DJ. Weird.

But I can live with clamping mode.normal for now. What I can't live with however, is the ridiculously annoying screen flicker every 5 seconds when running in 16:9 aspect ratio or "widescreen". What is causing this?
(02-03-2017, 12:11 PM)Isamu Wrote: I can tell you guys for sure that I re-enabled clamping mode and started getting random crashes again almost immediately! Happened at Hong Kong in the Japanese Championship event. Having anything *other* than Clamping Mode>normal delivers the random crashes for me. I'm really curious as to why you're not getting them DJ. Weird.

But I can live with clamping mode.normal for now. What I can't live with however, is the ridiculously annoying screen flicker every 5 seconds when running in 16:9 aspect ratio or "widescreen". What is causing this?

Are you using progressive mode within the game settings?
Do you have interlacing enabled? (press F5 to cycle through settings)
Are you using the latest official release (1.4.0) or a Git Revision?
What renderer are you using? Give Direct3D11 (Hardware) a try if you haven't.

Tell me if that helps.

I've followed all your settings except for installing the shader (can't be bothered), but I'm getting big freezing and lag for the first 5-10 seconds when I start a race. I'm running the game in the same resolution as you.

970 GTX
i7 4790k at 4.0GHZ
8GB RAM
Try sending your Blending Accuracy to Medium
Between Medium and High blending, my FPS gets cut in half on my 1070