New - ISO compression - help testing
(01-04-2015, 07:49 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: I was talking more along the lines of a news post on the main site or something. But as far as making it so people are more aware about it through PCSX2's UI, there has to be a way to do it. Maybe make it so compressed iso support is an option that you can turn on and off in the emulator settings so people actually see it there when perusing the settings?

An option to turn it off just to make it visible sounds.. weird to me, especially because it can't really be turned off... if you select a gzip iso, then it will load it, and if you don't select a gzipped iso, then it will not be used...

It also appears at the drop down list of file extensions when opening with CDVD -> ISO Selector -> Browse.

We can maybe add it to the title of that dialog. Currently it's "Select CDVD source iso...", so maybe "Select CDVD source iso - iso/mdf/nrg/bin or gz (compressed)".

Though it might be too long and weird title, and especially since the information is duplicated at the title and at the extensions dropdown list..

Ideas for a better title?

Sponsored links

Changing the label of the file types to Disc Images or Archives might help.
I both don't really understand what you mean, and also don't think it's possible.
I don't have the latest version installed. Now what is the label? If it is "All Supported," I think changing it to "Disc Images or Archives" might help.
Everything works fine for me but there is one small problem.

I keep my dumped and compressed files in Japanese names due to studying Japanese but every time I load a .gz file with Japanese characters in it, PCSX2 crashes.

Is there a way to fix this?
I tested renaming some files to English names and it worked perfectly, but in Japanese, it doesn't.
(01-09-2015, 08:18 AM)Janet Merai Wrote: Everything works fine for me but there is one small problem.

I keep my dumped and compressed files in Japanese names due to studying Japanese but every time I load a .gz file with Japanese characters in it, PCSX2 crashes.

Is there a way to fix this?
I tested renaming some files to English names and it worked perfectly, but in Japanese, it doesn't.

Interesting bug, thanks for the report.

Could you please post the full log of that crash?

Also, does PCSX2 work with uncompressed ISO with Japanese names?

[edit]
Never mind. I can reproduce this with non-English characters at the file name.

I'll fix it, but most probably not within the next few days.
(01-04-2015, 09:19 AM)avih Wrote: We can maybe add it to the title of that dialog. Currently it's "Select CDVD source iso...", so maybe "Select CDVD source iso - iso/mdf/nrg/bin or gz (compressed)".

Though it might be too long and weird title, and especially since the information is duplicated at the title and at the extensions dropdown list..

Ideas for a better title?

"Select CDVD source iso - compressed iso"?

This is definitely a step forward but I think if we put our brains together we can still think up some better ways to give this great feature some exposure so it sees more use.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(01-09-2015, 08:44 AM)avih Wrote: Interesting bug, thanks for the report.

Could you please post the full log of that crash?

Also, does PCSX2 work with uncompressed ISO with Japanese names?

[edit]
Never mind. I can reproduce this with non-English characters at the file name.

Should be fixed - https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/7b7a977

Please test and let me know if it works.

Also, if anyone with Linux could also test, please post a comment too. Thanks.
When there is a build I can download, I will test it :3

I am not a programmer unfortunately Tongue

Just a girl learning Japanese through video games, drama and and such Tongue
Get the latest build from here, it includes the fix: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Now you'll also learn Japanese through compressed ISO file names. Yay! Wink