New SSD as boot drive, now original memory cards can't be found!
(02-17-2020, 08:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: from the log :
is this where you actually copied your old memcards over ?
because that's where pcsx2 is looking for its memcards
Strangely enough, it isn't. That was a small folder I made for important backups temporarily, but I am shocked it searched in there rather than the folder it created in the Local Disk documents.

I've just now copied (what I believe is) the latest working version of my memory cards from the original drive to this location you've pointed out. I was also careful to save both folders, just in case I overwrite the wrong one. Unfortunately, no change was found. The memory card files say they were last modified May of last year, so unless changes can be made to them without that altering... I don't know if they're even the most up-to-date ones I was using.

Do you have any thoughts on where I should search next, if anywhere?

Sponsored links

Maybe you does cards from different location and you backup the wrong cards
1.PCSX2=>Config=>Memory Cards=>check if the location is correct(you can even copy it and paste it into the address bar when you open any folder)
2.Make sure the cards are selected to the correct slot
3.PCSX2=>CDVD=>No Disc and then PCSx2=>System=>Run Bios after the mini video Browse and check both cards if they have your save

If the save is there but the game is not loading it,post your cards here
(02-17-2020, 07:21 PM)vsub Wrote: Maybe you does cards from different location and you backup the wrong cards
1.PCSX2=>Config=>Memory Cards=>check if the location is correct(you can even copy it and paste it into the address bar when you open any folder)
2.Make sure the cards are selected to the correct slot
3.PCSX2=>CDVD=>No Disc and then PCSx2=>System=>Run Bios after the mini video Browse and check both cards if they have your save

If the save is there but the game is not loading it,post your cards here
The most up-to-date memcards are from only a few months ago it looks like. I'm completely unsure as to what happened to the recent versions (the ones from only a week ago). 

I'm going to keep hunting for a later version of the saves, yet I don't know how far I'll get. Is it possible that when installing PCSX2 on a new boot drive, it overrode the previous working memory card?
No,pcsx2 creates the card on the first run after the installation BUT ONLY if the cards don't exist in the default location

Sometimes using save states can case such problems
1.Create a save state
2.Save to the memory card
3.Load the save state

On some games,the memory card state is also saved into the save state
1.Download this and extract it in a new location and don't run it yet
2.Copy your sstates,memcards and bios folder into that folder and then run it and configure it however you want,but don't change any paths
3.Run your game and load your latest save state
4.Use the game option to load your save or exit to the title screen and load your save(don't save if the game ask you to)
5.Check if your save is there

If you have your old save states and old memory cards and you know which pcsx2 version you used before(1.4.0 maybe),do this