New Site Design - The Beginning!
Hello everyone.
I'm new to the boards, but I've been lurking and following PCSX2 for an extremely long time. I used to use PCSX2 in my college days, when I had a single-core processor. Me and my pals would enjoy watching Resident Evil 4 running from my DVD Drive at only 10 FPS.

I'm quite sorry if I'm going off-topic, but that article in the middle of the preview image is nagging me. (So much so that I signed up to discuss it.) Is the next update for PCSX2 expected to truly run Final Fantasy XII at full speed, and, if so, will Quad Core users be able to enjoy the game without the stuttering?

I digress, though. I know some people don't like the new design, but I think it's extremely stylized, bright, and welcoming. I think new users will be impressed, and old users, like myself, will enjoy looking through the redesign.

EDIT: I tried the Final Fantasy XII MP4 and it played fine. In fact, I was stunned - Even when I played the game on a CRT, I didn't realize just how highly detailed the polygon models were. PCSX2 truly brings out the graphical intricacies, thanks to the far-extended options. If I may, what were the specs of the PC that made that FFXII movie?

Sponsored links

@CKemu

1. I had no problems, but I use x264 regularly with a mp4 and mkv container. I was asked though if I wanted to upgrade my quicktime XD
2.it runs somewhat stocking XD though my pc usually should be able to run it without problems also what is that res 1080p? I can't see the whole picture -.-a way to resize without downloading it as a file would be nice though maybe thats on my part as well.
3. I posses no noteworthy other devices capable of playing that quality

lastly nice job with the new site design^^

edit: some extra info I use firefox 3.6 beta 3 and the K-lite codec pack
edit2: most epic vid ever 350hours and 20 mins ?????? XD 14 Tb ???? XDDDDDDDDD
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(12-03-2009, 11:06 PM)ShadowofDoubt Wrote: I'm quite sorry if I'm going off-topic, but that article in the middle of the preview image is nagging me. (So much so that I signed up to discuss it.) Is the next update for PCSX2 expected to truly run Final Fantasy XII at full speed, and, if so, will Quad Core users be able to enjoy the game without the stuttering?

The short answer is, PCSX2 has been able to run FFXII at full speed for a long time now, it depends entirely on whether your PC is powerful enough to get the full FPS. About the quad cores, PCSX2 only uses 2 cores so you won't get any advantages over people with a dual core CPU, unless you play in software mode in GSdx and increase the software threads.
If you want a proper discussion on that you should start a thread here.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
My only question is will there a seperate layout for widescreen. As a think layout like that tends to look pretty bad on widescreen with excess space on each side.
good work guys...
[Image: Riku_signature_by_sEbeQ13.jpg]
Great design, although I still have my qualms about widescreen formatting and something about me seems to disagree with either the 3D stylized logo or shading therein.
I feel dizzy on those diagonal lines shining through into my eyes, when scroll down the page with mouse wheel.

(11-23-2009, 07:43 PM)Xellon Wrote: 2. Capitalize (first letter, 2nd if title.. yea u know) games under the overview, go, login, public beta, top, everything on the nav bar at the top, and site status..... etc
IMO lowercase is just fine to match this particular design, no need to change them.

How about increase the sound quality to higher such as 256kbps? the AAC in sample FF12.mp4 is 98kbps that sounds terrible to ears. Unreasonable to have high quality Video but with low quality Audio.
Code:
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 49.93fps [GPAC ISO Video Handler]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 98Kbps [GPAC ISO Audio Handler]

The simplest and easiest way to play this MP4 is only stay with Media Player Classic Home Cinema itself, It has built-in decoders by means of FFMPEG, so that you don't have to install external decoders.
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
Site looks great.But it would be better if the background was a wallpaper,diagonall lines isnt very interesting Laugh
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
Great looking design, really stands out Smile
[Image: 40122467.png]
i think that looks great !!