New Site Design - The Beginning!
Lightbulb 
Early WIP for the redesign of PCSX2.net.

Once logged in, you the user will be able to select from several (read as many as we can be bothered to do) themes. Login only relates to forum features, and does not limit a general guest in terms of downloads and site access.

Logged in users can comment, on news posts, see PMs, set theme (other features will become apparent on other pages Wink )

Logo and logo space are NOT complete, however feedback, opinions, ideas and comments on this page welcomed and constructive critique would be especially helpfull at this point, afterall we're designing this for you (within reason, because ... well!)

[Image: 4125696346_03d00f03e3_o.png]
» Beta Tester for PCSX2 | Satourne | nullDC | Dolphin «
» Core i7 950 D0 @ 3.07GHz | GeForce GTX 480 | 6GB DDR3 Tri Channel «

Sponsored links

Weee, thumbs up!

I'd be glad to see this up soon bugfree.

Good work CK'
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
A little tip - never, and I do mean never, use diagonal lines. Not for a background most of all. It's so old and so ugly D:
For what I see,I'm thrilled Laugh Really great work!!
This is "news" page,I can't wait to see the rest,especially "media"
No! It's pretty bad design! Letters are unreadable, text coulm width are thin as beauty waist, page number so small, that it's possible to made a prizes for everyone hit them. What's meaning of arrow bellow "news" in news/about/media line? Why statistic's is present here, and why donate button under it? I hope it's not a "Hey, you are so many, why don't you pay us" idea? RSS agregation links are everywhere, why? Cite's title in this design writtable as "pcsx2 ads by google".
I like the way it looks expect for a few things that have already been stated Zeydlits, I would only suggest having different theme colors for it. That would be my suggest other then that the new site design is something I looked forward to.

I myself would like a version of it in the forums current colors even if it's not off the bat.

over all can't wait
man that add just kill me XD "bios for ps2 emulator",heheeh lol
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
I'm pretty surprised at the bad feedback for this, I think it looks really good. The colours are bright and not too bright, easy to navigate, useful links/info boxes and a general basic and modern layout. Obviously this is a thing of opinion, there's gonna be both good and bad feedback by the look of it.
What I like most are the info boxes on the right (Overview, Public Beta, Site Status).

PS, lulz at the google ad XD
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
(11-23-2009, 02:08 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Why statistic's is present here, and why donate button under it? I hope it's not a "Hey, you are so many, why don't you pay us" idea? RSS agregation links are everywhere, why? Cite's title in this design writtable as "pcsx2 ads by google".

Why not have statistics? No it's more like 'We get 170,000 unique visits per day so we need a dedicated server to take all that load and would appreciate if people would donate to help us cover the bill. If you don't want to donate, DON'T.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-23-2009, 02:08 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Why statistic's is present here, and why donate button under it? I hope it's not a "Hey, you are so many, why don't you pay us" idea?

No, if we want to increase donation rates we'd put on a full fund raiser style marketing blitz, which means putting up a "tip jar" like thing that shows current donation amounts and real-time updating of totals.

People are always a lot more eager to donate to something where their donation makes a 'real' and visible change to some visual or graphic. That's just human nature.

Mostly though we just want the donate button to be somewhere visible, because with it's current position many folks don't even realize they can quickly and easily donate to the project if they so desire. That much has been proven by forum posts and PMs where people ask if they can donate, or ask that we set up a donate link (which is also why we added it to the main bar in the forums here).

... and to reiterate what Bositman said, pretty much all donation money goes to feeding the dedicated server, which provides an ad-free forum and downloads for PCSX2 and all active/in-development plugins (we intentionally limit google ads to only the main frontend pages, because ad-spammed forums suck).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team