New Theme
(02-13-2009, 08:46 AM)dralor Wrote: Here's the easy upgrade stop using internet explorer6. It's ancient and doesn't do things right.Tongue2

he's free to use IE6
but true IE7 doesn't have that (i'm guessing IE7 cause it came with vista sp1)
also I almost never use IE cause it takes really long to load...
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm

Sponsored links

@dralor
Quote:Here's the easy upgrade stop using internet explorer6. It's ancient and doesn't do things right.
I don't know how much people are using "internet explorer 6" here.
But still XP is the most used operating system, and lot of people don't upgrade their browser. I think it's a mistake to not care about that browser.
Also the script pngbehavior I've suggested, can be loaded only for previous internet explorer version, so it won't affect performance of most recent version, and there's nothing to loose in using it.
Music 
Heh, alot of suggestions here I see..

I made a logo myself, related to PCSX2. It's posted in another thread, but hey, I just thought you wanted to see it? :3 (Love love love)

[Image: pcsxlogo2.jpg]
1024MB, 3.5GHZ, nVidia GeForce 6600 GT, Windows XP Professional SP 2

"Money does not create happiness" - Yeah right~
Sorry, but I didn't upload the right usercp icons last time,
use the new one in attachment instead.
Especially, I've added "white dots" to some of them,
for files like: trash_pmfolder.gif,sub_pmfolder.gif etc...

Attached Files
.zip   usercp-modified.zip (Size: 16,18 KB / Downloads: 143)
Just an other comment about the dark theme:
I find that links are barely different from regular text,
and it's not always obvious to notice there's a link.
Maybe you could put them in bold, or change color, or underline etc...
Eh Xp tries to force you to update it through Windows update anymore so it's not really going to be that popular anymore. IE 8 is just around the corner anyways. So you can expect IE 6 support to die off after that if it hasn't already. Now only if the plugin authors would start supporting the 64-bit browser. How am I supposed to test how it runs comparatively if it can even run flash or anything.
I preffer Foxfire myself, Although I have IE 7 too for those rare foxfire hater sites... IE just doesn't give me much download friendly tools... It is also slow lol But then, I don't follow trends much, lol As I have Vista Too, lol

Quote - "if everyone's Doing it, you can't be a trend setter, Trend setters START the trend then find another to start... They don't do what joe and Janet do"
"He who dies with the most toys, is still, None the less... Dead"
"Never argue with an Idiot, it causes confusion in who's who"
"If you're mad, You're loosing"
@ dralor
Quote:Eh Xp tries to force you to update it through Windows update anymore so it's not really going to be that popular anymore

Well I checked statistics on my personal website (around 1000 vistors/day ) and I found that according to google analytics ,
only 10% percent of visitors are still using "internet explorer 6".
(40% are using "internet explorer" of which 25% the version 6).
It's very tempting to drop support for it, but I would say "not yet".

Anyway, I find "html errors" in the top header, and even if firefox is able to render the code properly, that doesn't it make more "legit".
I see two errors:
  • a table tag filled with content, without using first "tr" "td" tag inside.
  • a left column with width set to 100%, while there's still a right column with content. 100% means the cells fills whole table, and there can't be right content.

I would have already suggested a css fix for IE7 , if there were enough css "selectors" in top header.

And renaming png as gif is not a good practice I believe.
(02-13-2009, 09:31 PM)bigmehdi Wrote: @ dralor
Quote:Eh Xp tries to force you to update it through Windows update anymore so it's not really going to be that popular anymore

Well I checked statistics on my personal website (around 1000 vistors/day ) and I found that according to google analytics ,
only 10% percent of visitors are still using "internet explorer 6".
(40% are using "internet explorer" of which 25% the version 6).
It's very tempting to drop support for it, but I would say "not yet".

Anyway, I find "html errors" in the top header, and even if firefox is able to render the code properly, that doesn't it make more "legit".
I see two errors:
  • a table tag filled with content, without using first "tr" "td" tag inside.
  • a left column with width set to 100%, while there's still a right column with content. 100% means the cells fills whole table, and there can't be right content.

I would have already suggested a css fix for IE7 , if there were enough css "selectors" in top header.

And renaming png as gif is not a good practice I believe.

I'll be blunt this time...
First,I won't even consider IE 6 support. Ancient,outdated etc etc. If someone is still using it,he will have major issues in half the sites he visits anyway.
Second,I really don't care about these kind of errors.This isn't a coding school.If it works fine in FF and IE,I won't bother with it.
Do not forget this was just a test turned out good and I do not have infinite time to fix every little detail here and there.
Yes renaming isn't a good practice,but a)It works, b)find a way to specify another type of image instead of gif in mybb without changing 200 files and I'll go for it.
I did NOT code this theme,I just used it with some other icons etc and have been bug fixing it ever since.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-13-2009, 09:41 PM)Bositman Wrote: Second,I really don't care about these kind of errors.This isn't a coding school.If it works fine in FF and IE,I won't bother with it.
As you like sir, sorry if I'm overdoing it. I guess I'm maniac about details.

Quote:b)find a way to specify another type of image instead of gif in mybb without changing 200 files and I'll go for it.
I have a suggestion... But for you sanity I'll give up Tongue