New User and Specs?
Bulldozer will be worse than what you have, instead a piledriver cpu like the fx 6300 will be good because you can overclock it to around 4.1 ghz with a stock cooler. If you want an intel build you could go with an I5 4670k and a z87 motherboard, but it may have some minor slowdowns on some games still.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(12-23-2013, 06:30 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Bulldozer will be worse than what you have, instead a piledriver cpu like the fx 6300 will be good because you can overclock it to around 4.1 ghz with a stock cooler. If you want an intel build you could go with an I5 4670k and a z87 motherboard, but it may have some minor slowdowns on some games still.

Really?! Last I checked weren't i7s and Bulldozers like the top of the line?! Also is my card fine or do I need to upgrade that too?
The only thing the I7 brings is hyperthreading which won't help with pcsx2. Bulldozer is absoulte garbage; Piledriver just kicks its ass. Your graphics card should be pretty good for 3x native resolution.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-23-2013, 07:34 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: The only thing the I7 brings is hyperthreading which won't help with pcsx2. Bulldozer is absoulte garbage; Piledriver just kicks its ass. Your graphics card should be pretty good for 3x native resolution.

Awesome, and if I were to get a Piledrive what core should I aim for? 6 or 8? I can get an 8, plus I have a decent 2/3+ mobo...
Let me grab the specs.

Here's the barf post from CPUZ, attached.

Attached Files
.txt   ORPHAN.txt (Size: 68,07 KB / Downloads: 197)
You can get the FX-6300 hexacore processor for about $120 on Amazon: Click me!

Probably AMD's current best price/performance CPU right now. You don't need eight cores or anything since not many PC games make use of that, and PCSX2 only uses two threads max under normal operation (three with the MTVU hack.) You'll be able to easily overclock it past 4ghz where it'll run a vast majority of games no problem at full-speed.

Your MOBO is already AM3+ so you're good to go, just make sure you update the BIOS before you swap out the CPU.
FX 6300 comes highly recommended by me.

At 4.12ghz, a few select games have some slowdown to around 55FPS.

Of what you listed in the OP, Ratchet and Clank, Xenosaga, and Shadow of the Colossus all have slowdown on the FX 6300 at this speed.

Ratchet and clank will run fine if you set 3 extra software threads(you have to run it in software) and EE cycle rate hack to 3.

SotC will run fine with VU cycle stealing at 2(according to what I've been told, it requires that for just about any processor anyway).

I just finished an entire 70+ hour playthrough of Xenosaga 1. Cutscenes will occasionally have drops to 53-55fps, and there is nothing that will change that(Well, faster processor or more OC, but I mean nothing setting wise). Also a few of the mech battles have MASSIVE slowdown, the one that happens towards the end of the game where it's mechs vs mechs... I fought that at 27FPS lol. And if you turn up the graphics past 4x, certain attacks with lots of particles(e.g. Thermal blast) will drop you to the 10fps range for half a second. As long as I didn't set above 4x though, I had no slowdown(Radeon HD7870) aside from the specific spots I mentioned.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-24-2013, 02:54 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: FX 6300 comes highly recommended by me.

At 4.12ghz, a few select games have some slowdown to around 55FPS.

Of what you listed in the OP, Ratchet and Clank, Xenosaga, and Shadow of the Colossus all have slowdown on the FX 6300 at this speed.

Ratchet and clank will run fine if you set 3 extra software threads(you have to run it in software) and EE cycle rate hack to 3.

SotC will run fine with VU cycle stealing at 2(according to what I've been told, it requires that for just about any processor anyway).

I just finished an entire 70+ hour playthrough of Xenosaga 1. Cutscenes will occasionally have drops to 53-55fps, and there is nothing that will change that(Well, faster processor or more OC, but I mean nothing setting wise). Also a few of the mech battles have MASSIVE slowdown, the one that happens towards the end of the game where it's mechs vs mechs... I fought that at 27FPS lol. And if you turn up the graphics past 4x, certain attacks with lots of particles(e.g. Thermal blast) will drop you to the 10fps range for half a second. As long as I didn't set above 4x though, I had no slowdown(Radeon HD7870) aside from the specific spots I mentioned.

Awesome, I'll get that and....

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/S...CatId=2496

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/S...CatId=7339

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/S...=N500-1149

and prolly a new board.... I just had a horrid thunderstorm, and even though I have an APC UPS, the wiring on my PC is shot >_<; The power never went out, it just sorta waned and waxed rapidly...powering down and up rapidly, lights flickering and dimming then blazing.