Poll: Would you like this system in PCSX2?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
73.61%
53 73.61%
No
26.39%
19 26.39%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New automated memcard system
We also thought about a game info database, powered by user submissions.
If we did that, we would have the required info to make these multi disc games handle it all automatically.

Sponsored links

would be nice ^^ plus it would be possible to show the name of the game in the console title without having cheats turned on

Edit: but how would you realise the user submissions? we all write our crc+gamenames?
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
I always create a new memory card per game!

Guys, You are one step to make my emu-life easier.

If it's optinional, it's good to everyone.
C2D E8400 | P5N-E SLI |2x1024 DDR2 800Mhz Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12 | XFX 9600GT | Seagate SATA2 250 GB | Thermaltake Purepower 500W
You do not understand the magnitude of this thing kabooz.

We would need a database of ALL existing games on the ps2 for this system to work, and we would need it before implementing this.

Else every single game not in the database would have to resort to some other method. Most likely the manual one

This idea is almost 100% scrapped for now, but I'll leave the poll open for future reference. Maybe someday we'll find another way...
maybe so, but wouldn't be an exception list fairly easy
(there aren't many games on the ps2 that use more than one disk)

also if the whole thing is optional only those who want it will use it ergo probably even less multi disk games in use

or did I understand something wrong?
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
Mm, nice idea if it's true. I'm too lazy to do some copywork manually :P
I'm fine if it doesn't break compatibility with "old memcards". Having to transfer the "savegames through bios" is just too much work. I suggest pcsx2 use by default "global memcard", as soon as it detects memcards with "old names", or any trick that allow to make the distinction between a global or game specific memcard.
This move would definitely take the emu from just being a simulator to something more (it already is). Doing things that the original PS2 could never do is always a plus IMO. I would just hope that our precious precious memcards are preserved during this transition with the least amount of corruption as possible Smile. Other than that I'm for it.

The whole bit with the save states though, is that pre or post implementation?
I dont think that this would inhance the gameplay experience in any way and would personaly prefer that the team focus on improving compatability ans speed.
Well, convenience options are very high on my personal list.
We play games on the emulator to take advantage of the possibilities the ps2 doesn't offer, don't we Wink