New feature-Needs testing!: (GSdx HW mode) Experimental mipmap support
(10-04-2016, 12:27 PM).avih Wrote: The most important question to answer, if you can, is: with which revision did it start crashing?

Considering the many recent changes which could affect it, it would be best if you could identify it specifically, i.e. find two adjacent revisions where the older one doesn't crash and the newer one does crash. From here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=fulllist

I've just now started proper playing Jak 1, couraged by the shadow fix. I don't have any download history left, but I tested some revisions. fd1cc2f doesn't seem to crash, after playing well over an hour, without mipmapping. 955a69b crashed after 10 or so minutes, with same settings. Currently testing the one between them, c7c6566.
UPDATE: c7c6566 crashed. Going back to fd1cc2f to see if it truly is stable.
UPDATE: It's not stable, though crash took about 1 and a half hours to occur.
(10-04-2016, 12:31 PM)gregory Wrote: And does it crash without mipmapping ?

Actually try to reduce upscaling and untick large framebuffer. Mipmap increase memory usage.

If fact it does!
Unticking large framebuffer didn't stop the crashing.
I've been monitoring my memory use, and it's nowhere near being an issue.
Intel i5-4670K @ 4,2 GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
GTX 1080Ti
16 GB RAM

Sponsored links

Which memory the RAM or the VRAM ? Ram is limited to 4GB.
Game's using a bit over 500MB VRAM of my GTX 980 (Dedicated and dynamic combined), RAM use is at 380-430 MB.

Edit: Don't know if it's any way related, but I occasionally get spam of
Vif1: Unknown VifCmd! [3f]
Vif1: Unknown VifCmd! [40]
in the console. This example is from the starting area (Sandover Village)
Intel i5-4670K @ 4,2 GHz
GTX 1080Ti
16 GB RAM
Ref did some VIF update recently. Maybe it is a issue.

Could you do a summary of what version crash, which GSdx option
I didn't do anything that would affect that Smile This could be a long standing bug. Does the EE Timing Fix help at all?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

So far I've tested 955a69b, c7c6566, fd1cc2f and 3996fbe. All have crashed sooner or later. Settings were the same as seen on the picture in one of my previous replies, though without mipmapping. I also tested lower upscaling and unticking large framebuffer with fd1cc2f, still crashed after 30 minutes.
(10-05-2016, 04:15 PM)refraction Wrote: I didn't do anything that would affect that Smile This could be a long standing bug. Does the EE Timing Fix help at all?
Timing fix?
Intel i5-4670K @ 4,2 GHz
GTX 1080Ti
16 GB RAM
(10-04-2016, 10:31 PM)J_P Wrote: Game's using a bit over 500MB VRAM of my GTX 980 (Dedicated and dynamic combined), RAM use is at 380-430 MB.

Edit: Don't know if it's any way related, but I occasionally get spam of
Vif1: Unknown VifCmd! [3f]
Vif1: Unknown VifCmd! [40]
in the console. This example is from the starting area (Sandover Village)
That's a known issue(there's a bug report about it). It triggers when collecting some orbs, and certain orbs cause crashes when you collect 'em.
If it can reproduced, it will be nice to know where we have a crash. I would prefer a broken emulation without crash.
(10-05-2016, 04:16 PM)J_P Wrote: So far I've tested 955a69b, c7c6566, fd1cc2f and 3996fbe. All have crashed sooner or later. Settings were the same as seen on the picture in one of my previous replies, though without mipmapping. I also tested lower upscaling and unticking large framebuffer with fd1cc2f, still crashed after 30 minutes.
Timing fix?

EE Timing Fix, it's under the "Gamefixes" tab of the emulator settings.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Tested Jak 3. I experience crashes with that as well. Plus, all sounds coming from torches and other fires are highly distorted. Only tested with 1cc696a so far.

So I don't know, maybe this is a bug with the series, or something fucky in my end...

Update: The sound issue is a long standing bug. Tried a 7 months old build, and it's still there.
(10-05-2016, 05:54 PM)refraction Wrote: EE Timing Fix, it's under the "Gamefixes" tab of the emulator settings.
Still crashed, after 20 minutes.
Intel i5-4670K @ 4,2 GHz
GTX 1080Ti
16 GB RAM