New feature-Needs testing!: (GSdx HW mode) Experimental mipmap support
@avih keeps calm

Code is not even 1 week old. Crashes were only fixed recently. I put the option as a safety net. And I don't want to put piles of CRC.

Besides, all 3D games use mipmap. It mean that enabling mipmap will impact all games. Best case it will only reduce texture quality. So either we'll use a single common option. Or a dedicated option for the HW.

@blyss,
OpenGL can emulate shadow properly if you enable blending accurate on basic. However it could badly impact the perf.

On the test side, it would be nice to test again, Jak and legacy of Kain series. I also need to remove a hack that it potentially useless now.

Quote: I'll do a recording of R&C for a blog post if it's needed.
When it is ready. We will do several videos, and we will buzz like hell on Reddit ! I want to put both Reddit and youtube down Smile Let's use this momentum to attract new people on the project and shut-up the bad mouths

Sponsored links

(09-27-2016, 11:01 AM)gregory Wrote: On the test side, it would be nice to test again, Jak and legacy of Kain series. I also need to remove a hack that it potentially useless now.
EDIT: Legacy Of Kain has improved with the latest git. Much less texture issues.
(09-27-2016, 01:10 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: EE OC seems to help with occasional internal frame drops if your CPU can handle it.

RIP any CPU on the planet.

(09-27-2016, 11:01 AM)gregory Wrote: @avih keeps calm

Code is not even 1 week old. Crashes were only fixed recently. I put the option as a safety net. And I don't want to put piles of CRC.

Besides, all 3D games use mipmap. It mean that enabling mipmap will impact all games. Best case it will only reduce texture quality. So either we'll use a single common option. Or a dedicated option for the HW.

@blyss,
OpenGL can emulate shadow properly if you enable blending accurate on basic. However it could badly impact the perf.

On the test side, it would be nice to test again, Jak and legacy of Kain series. I also need to remove a hack that it potentially useless now.

When it is ready. We will do several videos, and we will buzz like hell on Reddit ! I want to put both Reddit and youtube down Smile Let's use this momentum to attract new people on the project and shut-up the bad mouths

Yeah I noticed the blending helped the shadows, but it was also the difference between full speed 99% of the time and full speed 80% of the time.. Tongue

We should have a contest to see who can make the best ratchet and clank video lol

or maybe we could make a compilation of all the games that are fixed, comparing them to before?
(09-27-2016, 11:01 AM)gregory Wrote: @avih keeps calm

I think I'm calm Smile

And obviously I know it's not more than a week old and crashes were only (hopefully) fixed recently, but I can still think how this should end up eventually, and I still think that such a useful thing should not require users to RTFM and press INS to fix bad textures.

It doesn't need to happen right away, and obviously it might need some time to resolve more issues and stabilize it and understand its impact more, but ultimately it would be great if it's activated automatically for users where applicable.
(09-27-2016, 05:19 PM)dogen Wrote: RIP any CPU on the planet.

At 4.5Ghz mine can handle the 130% setting anywhere but the arena in R&C3(where I actually need the 70% setting i.e. underclock). R&C3 is less demanding than R&C2 though.

@Gregory - yeah I know OGL HW fixes the shadows(it fixes the issue in Aquatos too) but it kills my poor AMD card. Normally I get fullspeed 99% of the time. With OGL HW I get fullspeed 0% of the time XD. Either way the shadow issue is very minor even in D3D11 and skipdraw fixes the issue in Aquatos.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to say but half pixel offset fixes some misaligned lighting issues.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Just something to look out for:

Make SURE you enable progressive scan mode for games that support it(like R&C 2 and 3 (NTSC only) and Jak 2 and 3(NTSC and PAL)). It makes a noticeable difference in the display quality when you're in motion.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-27-2016, 11:41 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Just something to look out for:

Make SURE you enable progressive scan mode for games that support it(like R&C 2 and 3 (NTSC only) and Jak 2 and 3(NTSC and PAL)). It makes a noticeable difference in the display quality when you're in motion.
Thank you captain obvious. Tongue2
A lot of people don't know the setting is there though. That's why I mentioned it. I played for 6 hours before I remember it had progressive mode @_@
Soul reaver 2 and Legacy of kain Defiance are perfect here with last GIT. Smile
(09-27-2016, 11:41 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Just something to look out for:

Thay should be done with any game that supports it, reguarless, its not long list either well short in comparison to ps2 total library Smile, even less know the command to boot the game in progressive too. half the time i forget what the procedure is cause of all the games I have only 1 supports it and that is vp2