MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC

ASRock H77 PRO4-M

Kingston HyperX blu

Intel Core i5 3570 / 3.4 GHz - 4 Cores

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003

Samsung 840 Series MZ-7TD250

Corsair Carbide Series 500R

Sea Sonic M12II-650Bronze

I think these specs are good enough to play god of war perfect. But when I play it, I get sometimes e little lag. I check my cpu usage while I'm playing and it's +- 30%. How come theres lag then? The game is playable for sure (It only 'hangs' or 'stutters' for a bit but it's annoying, and with these specs I don't think I should have lag). Maybe some settings I need to change? I use everything on default, except 4X native resolution and Direct3d11 Hardware for renderer. (i still have the same lag when I use native resolution). Hope you guys can help me. One of the reasons why I bought my new game pc was to play pcsx2 better...

Sponsored links

what is your Gpu here ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
With that system, turning on the MTVU speed hack should make it run at constant full speed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

GPU is MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC

Just tried the speedhack, I can see the difference, but still sometimes a little hang. When I look at the logs, I can see: 'frame limit changed: 50 fps' Maybe turning of the frame limit changer?
the game sets that, it's more likely a brief hang while the recompiler does its stuff, unless you're running the game from the DVD, in which case that's why it's hanging.

So you can't avoid those 'lags'? I've seen youtube videos of people who could play god of war with no problems...
(09-04-2013, 04:07 PM)Dbrown Wrote: GPU is MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC

w/o due that video card is already powerful to run pcsx2 along w/ your ivy bridge and defeats my HD7770
it suppose to run at Vmax(real-time) speed.

maybe deleting or backup all "INI" files in the ini folder and go back to square one as default configuration and never touch the speedhack configuration (set aside as default)

Update:
(09-04-2013, 04:21 PM)refraction Wrote: the game sets that, it's more likely a brief hang while the recompiler does its stuff, unless you're running the game from the DVD, in which case that's why it's hanging.

maybe he right are you run directly from your DVD??
if so you need to rip your DVD to ISO to avoid gapping the reading rate of the game.

Update 2:
(09-04-2013, 04:22 PM)Dbrown Wrote: So you can't avoid those 'lags'? I've seen youtube videos of people who could play god of war with no problems...
i have this game too i can't determine what stage you been encounter slowdown is it from the beginning of the stage?
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Allright, I'll try that out. I'm not playing from a dvd, it's a ripped ISO. I have these 'lags' from the beginning untill the end I play. Like I can play for a while 'normally', but then it 'skip' for a fraction of a second. Sometimes it allso goes a little bit slow for a moment, then normal speed again.
(09-04-2013, 04:22 PM)Dbrown Wrote: I've seen youtube videos of people who could play god of war with no problems...

Speeds on Youtube are false. The videos from PCSX2 only record each frame as they are rendered and records it at 60fps. That person might have had loads of lags and generally ran the game at 10fps, you'd never know, it would still look perfect.

Tried to delete the ini's. Still a little laggy sometimes, doesn't play 100% smooth. Let's say 90%. Maybe it isn't it possible to play it 100% smooth?