New graphics card
This has deviated a bit from what I originally meant. Basically, you're saying you got bad speeds with a 5600+ while I get fine speeds with a 5000+. Obviously there is something setting us apart to make us get different performance, whether it be the versions of PCSX2 or the OS we use, I don't know. I can't say it'll work fine for him but I can say it works fine for me.

Yeah man you totally caught me, I lied about getting full speed in those games to become uber popular and be liked especially by you.

I'm gonna stop here before this turns into a flame fest.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB

Sponsored links

larfin your GPU is much weaker than gts250, it doesnt need such power. Of course it will work, but not as much as it should with such gpu
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
The main point is that he is getting either a 9800GT or a 250GTS, and considering the price difference it's worth getting the 250GTS. Yes, that is a powerful GPU while his CPU is on the weak side, but the CPU doesn't factor into which of the two cards he should buy.
Larfin_man im not the one here who is causing harm by spreading false information. If you arent sure about something, try to learn more about it, instead of spreading unchecked information.

Quote:but the CPU doesn't factor into which of the two cards he should buy.
YES IT DOES! because people dont have infinite amount of money! If he can afford only GPU then there is no point in buying some extravagant card which will get bottlenecked by CPU, when you can buy weaker card and have the same performence as bottlenecked "better card". Thats why instead of putting all the money in expensive card he should balance it between new CPU and GPU, this would optimise performance gain.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
nataq, seriously are you just here to troll? The only thing I was unsure of was what your reason was for why his CPU is so weak, because mine hasn't caused any problems.

Have you actually read my post fully? He's said those are the choices in video cards, and "considering the price difference it's worth getting the 250GTS". I said that because the models only differ in price by $20AUS.
They are also pretty much the same card...the GTS250 isn't an "extravagent" card, is pretty much an updated version of the 9800. IDK what nataq is going on about, either. 2.6 GHZ processor is plenty of juice for most of the popular games like FFX and Kingdom Hearts, unless you don't know how to maintain your computer or something.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Quote:2.6 GHZ processor is plenty of juice for most of the popular games
if you are talking about intel c2d then yes, if you are talking about some old amd athlon 64 x2 then hell no.

my point is he wont be able to play pcsx2 unless he also adds CPU to his "buy list", also new GPU wont be able to unleash its full potential because of bottlenecking CPU, if he is just going to go after what Larfin_Man said then he wont be able to play PCSX2 at full speed and he will just be disapointed. So if you are just going to tell him which GPU should he choose without helping him with CPU then you are just causting harm to him, because his major goal isint choosing of GPU, but speed in emulation.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
That's all well and good, but he was only asking about GPU so...
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(10-10-2009, 04:56 PM)nataq01 Wrote: depends how do you understand "fine", i had 5600+ @ 3100mhz and it wasnt even close to "fine" even with speedhacks. Also dont tell him to buy powerfull GPUs if his CPU will bottleneck it like hell, with that CPU he wont even have 50% of performence that those GPU's offer.

Not everyone has the same system, other users including myself have run the emulator fine on slow Athlon x2 processors, if it didnt work for you well too bad but doesnt mean it will be the same for everyone else.

As for the card right now I'd go for a GTS250 as it's more future proof anyway, also if you look good enough you might find really cheap ones I think tigerdirect still has a $110 selling which might not be the cheapest but anyway you get the idea :P

Also as JiXreme is using vista he might also get an improvement even on most CPU limited games by using Direct3D10 anyway.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks for all the help everyone. Smile

I don't really know what to do, since nataq01 and Larfin_Man are kinda saying the opposite...

Edit: I think I'm going to buy the 250GTS though, the difference is only €25.
But I don't know if I should buy a new CPU.