New here! Few questions
Hi all, I'm new here.

I lack a TV so am eager to play some of my old PS2 games on my pc, in particular Final Fantasy X.

I have a few questions though, and I apologise if the answers should be obvious.

1) Is this legal? If not, how severe are the repurcussions, and what are the chances of being caught?

2) Is there a significant virus risk?

Also, is it necessary to have the game and console to actually play it on PC? I'm not tech saavy, so all help is appreciated!

Sponsored links

1)Yes it is. As long as you dump the required (copyrighted) BIOS files from your OWN PS2 console, you will have no problems
2)The program is open source and our user base is huge (we got over 3,000,000 downloads on our 0.9.6 release), none reported any kind of virus problems. Since it's open source anyone could check for malicious code, so yeah perfectly safe.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-19-2010, 12:02 PM)Bositman Wrote: 1)Yes it is. As long as you dump the required (copyrighted) BIOS files from your OWN PS2 console, you will have no problems
2)The program is open source and our user base is huge (we got over 3,000,000 downloads on our 0.9.6 release), none reported any kind of virus problems. Since it's open source anyone could check for malicious code, so yeah perfectly safe.

Thanks for the reply.

So I would download PCSX2, then dump the BIOS files from my own PS2, and then I put the disc in? Is this a particularly lengthy/ complex procedure?

Apologies if this info is stickied anywhere, or is in some other obvious place.
Yeah that's what is needed. Shouldn't take you long given everything goes well and you use beta 0.9.7 (yes it's quite better than stable 0.9.6 these days)
[Image: newsig.jpg]