New pcsx2 releases DEP problem .... (In Vista)
I just got the new 7xx(710,712 and 713) pcsx2 releases but the x3 cycle rate doesnt work(the games just wont load), and when put some other (x2, x1.5 or default) runs fine, BUT, after some time, the emulator crashes and the Os vista gives me a warning "Vista just closed pcsx2 ... because some DEP preventing, and stuff, So is there any way to resolve that issue? or I just have to wait ´til next release. Thanks n.n
Edite by moderator.... smaller signature, thanks... <== Best Sig EVER! Thank you! X3

Sponsored links

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t208.html
http://www.winvistaclub.com/t206.html
Ninja
windows+r>bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff>reboot

Was my problem in Tota too.

btw. the x3 screwes many things... just live withouth it.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
but if it safe for my computer? What I´ve read is that it actually helps to prevent that "harmful" programs damage my PC .... should I turn it off completly?
Edite by moderator.... smaller signature, thanks... <== Best Sig EVER! Thank you! X3
If DEP kicks in, then it means pcsx2 would have crashed anyway.
It would be bad if turning it off makes pcsx2 work again :/
hm, well it worked at first with Tota.

Then it got screwed and crashed with APPCRASH or the screen was left black.

compiled the latest rev again, deleted all inis and tadah, working again greatly. (DEP disabled)
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
Im using right now the 666 one, cause is the only one that wont give me any problem ..... Well, I guess that means ill have to wait until next release T_T .... Thanks n.n
I'm also experiencing the constant DEP warning (Vista 64) but it's only after I close the program that it pops up. I'm not getting any crashes or anything so I'm not too bothered by it.

I'm going to turn of DEP, I don't have any mission critical files on this particular PC so if something happened where I needed to wipe the drive it wouldn't be a big deal. TBH the only time I've ever seen the DEP warning was from legitimate programs. Never once has it popped up and I wondered what happened or why it showed up. DEP seems pretty useless to me. Perhaps it was useful years ago.
Intel C2D E8400 4.5Ghz|EVGA nForce 680i|BFG Tech 8800GTX 675Mhz\2160Mhz|4GB Team Group PC2-9600 1200Mhz|Creative X-Fi|Vista 64 Bit
(03-09-2009, 04:03 PM)x86 Wrote: DEP seems pretty useless to me. Perhaps it was useful years ago.
DEP is useful, it prevents harmful programs (like viruses, and spyware) from accessing memory that is reserved for the OS and memory that is taken by programs Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
i think DEP is pretty useless for me, i dont go to sites were i would get spyware or dl anything that i would get virus's from, so im all good Tongue
plus i have my hard drives set up so that if i happen to get a virus in my windows drive, then i can format that and not lose any of my important files Laugh
[Image: 1816969.png]