New speed hack - VU Cycle Stealing
(04-16-2009, 04:45 AM)Khentix Wrote: I followed that guide, and the resulting .exe crashes when i load saves.

Gimme a minute and I'll give you the latest.

Anyway I have something interesting to report.

This speed hack really does wonders however I noticed a problem in some games and a temp solution to enjoy the high fps.

In Tekken 5, when you use this speed hack, it actually slows the internal game timer down, but everything else such as music plays at same rate.

When you turn frame rate cap OFF, the FPS shoots up to 120+, which means this hack really does it job! The game itself plays at normal speed now! but at around 100 fps instead of 60fps, however the music is sped up tremendously.

In cutscenes, the audio would play before the people's mouths move, however in game model movement is normal speed.

So basically, when you turn this speed hack on, you are able to render frames much quicker ,but in Tekken 5 the internal game timer for graphics slows down. Turning frame rate limit off makes game render around 100fps in which the game speed is normal, but the audio is sped up like its 200% the speed.

I will record a video to show what I am talking about.
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.

Sponsored links

Hmm, I'll try it out with SotC. Love to see that game at a stable speed and not the so-called "60 fps" with an invisible frameskipper. But yes, Xenosaga performs horribly with it, it's like turning on EE X3.

Edit: Well, it appears the hack does have its uses. I can't believe I suffered through SotC when only a month later this was released! I can finally get a smooth 70 fps, no more built-in frameskip! Keep posting any more games that benefit from this new speedhack if you find any.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
(04-16-2009, 06:11 AM)Misfire Wrote:
(04-16-2009, 04:45 AM)Khentix Wrote: I followed that guide, and the resulting .exe crashes when i load saves.
Gimme a minute and I'll give you the latest.

Could you send me that as well? I'd really appreciate it. I'm getting the same deal with the crashing .exe.
[Link Removed]

Here. This place always has the newest SVNs and plugins (well, often enough). If you're too lazy to compile, rely on this link.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
Removed, apparently can't post the links.
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.
I have something else to report.
This hack is really wonderful for some games(GOW,Crash Twinsaninty,Tales of the Abyss...I get 50% speed boost except on ToA)but for other it's useless even confusing.On DBZB3(on Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4 is almost the same)it shows me that the game is running at 40-60 and up but actually is running at the same 15fps as I get without this hack.
And btw this hack don't like frame skipping.
I don't think that you guys can post links for svns in this forum.
M33 User's PC

Model Number: HP a6547c [The Gayest BIOS]
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6 GHz (Overclocked To 2.9 GHZ)
Memory: 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM
Video: Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT
Operating System: Windows 7-64bit [Awesome]/Windows Vista-64bit
(04-16-2009, 08:04 AM)M33 User Wrote: I don't think that you guys can post links for svns in this forum.

No they can't
(04-16-2009, 07:07 AM)With Teeth Wrote: [Link Removed]
Here. This place always has the newest SVNs and plugins (well, often enough). If you're too lazy to compile, rely on this link.

Warned for link to unofficial build.

Someone like you, who has been around a lot, has no excuse to this. The rule has been here forever.
Just quickly tested this on kingdom hearts 2 at the world map. On the 1st setting(slight speedup), all geometry is there but lighting flickers, and with all the others, the ship and all the worlds are missing.
+the speed only increased by around 10%
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+ @2.33GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT 512MB @C:600MHz M:475MHz
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86