New speed hack - VU Cycle Stealing
i do not no what is different in use it . i test it but i do not see any different it is my old speed but with fake fps

Sponsored links

(04-16-2009, 06:17 PM)dark king Wrote: i do not no what is different in use it . i test it but i do not see any different it is my old speed but with fake fps

For example on Crash Twinsanity I get twice(~50fps) the speed I get without it(~25) and I'm not talking about the fps shown in the pcsx2 window,the game really IS running that fast.GoW is the same as this one but on some game(DBZB3 fr example)I get 40-60fps but the game is running at max 15fps
So i tested the new hack and...i didn`t noticed changes at all...
In Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - No change,do not show more fps and it also don`t feel like faster ( i play 40-50 fps )
In Budokai 3/Infinity World - It shows more fps (100%) but it fell much slower, like 20fps ( without hack i got 40 fps )
I tested also Crash The wrath of cortex - Is faster about 70%, but with Gsdx it throws some graphical bugs ( purple layer shows on screen)
With zerogs its fully playable and stable 50 fps
Tryed this with Sly Racoon and it really gives a great speed boost. About 20 fps more than before. So i can finally get full 50fps with this hack in my e8600 3.3gzh.Smile
Hi,
I'm new with pcsx2 and I don't know so much about technical words, in the start I saw "new speedhack on rev984 called VU Cycle Stealing", what is "rev984"? and how to activate it if it is different from "Vu skip" (a link to download it if possible too Blush )
thanks
This speedhack is great. But it reminds me a VU skip a lot.
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
(04-16-2009, 08:59 PM)Marouane87 Wrote: Hi,
I'm new with pcsx2 and I don't know so much about technical words, in the start I saw "new speedhack on rev984 called VU Cycle Stealing", what is "rev984"? and how to activate it if it is different from "Vu skip" (a link to download it if possible too Blush )
thanks

This speedhack isn't available in a public release. To use it, you would have to use subversion (more on this below) to check out the code, and compile it yourself with Visual Studio 2008.

When developers make a change to PCSX2, they upload it to a global repository using a tool called subversion. This tool is essential for coordinating a large project like PCSX2 amongst multiple developers. Whenever someone makes a change, the revision number is bumped. Rev984 refers to the revision at which the new speed hack was added.

If you don't want go through the trouble of learning how to check out the source and compile it, my suggestion for you is to keep your eye on the "Official Beta" sticky on this forum. Right now its at revision 976. When its beyond 984, it will include the new speedhack.
Quote:This speedhack isn't available in a public release. To use it, you would have to use subversion (more on this below) to check out the code, and compile it yourself with Visual Studio 2008.

When developers make a change to PCSX2, they upload it to a global repository using a tool called subversion. This tool is essential for coordinating a large project like PCSX2 amongst multiple developers. Whenever someone makes a change, the revision number is bumped. Rev984 refers to the revision at which the new speed hack was added.

If you don't want go through the trouble of learning how to check out the source and compile it, my suggestion for you is to keep your eye on the "Official Beta" sticky on this forum. Right now its at revision 976. When its beyond 984, it will include the new speedhack.

Thank you very much for the explanation,
I don't have have visual studio Sad , but isn't there a tutoriel to compile it using ubuntu and then run it in my my laptop (wich is using vista) ? (I'm newbie in the linux world too Tongue wich I installed in my old PC ) , finally I found this link: http://www.emu-box.com/download/cat_view..._published
Could it be the compiled one? if yes, what should I do with it to make it usable in pcsx2?
thank you very much
(Sorry I have too many question Blush )
Strange issue in FFX. This greatly improve my fps, but near the Besaid-Beach savepoint, when you aproach the edge of the lake with Wakka , the framerate slowdowns very noticeably (or it's ok with speedhacks?).
Pardon my english....
(04-16-2009, 11:11 PM)Marouane87 Wrote:
Quote:This speedhack isn't available in a public release. To use it, you would have to use subversion (more on this below) to check out the code, and compile it yourself with Visual Studio 2008.

Thank you very much for the explanation,
I don't have have visual studio Sad , but isn't there a tutoriel to compile it using ubuntu and then run it in my my laptop (wich is using vista) ? (I'm newbie in the linux world too Tongue wich I installed in my old PC ) , finally I found this link: http://www.emu-box.com/download/cat_view..._published
Could it be the compiled one? if yes, what should I do with it to make it usable in pcsx2?
thank you very much
(Sorry I have too many question Blush )
that link is not for pcsx2 Smile (you're linking to a psp emulator Laugh)
here's the link to the compile guide Smile http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2373.html

anyways i do say, this hack is amazing (finally got kh2 to go from 80% to 100% Laugh (using the highest setting Tongue) on the pc i use it on (which is a core 2 duo @ 1.86GHz Laugh)), but it has it's bad stuff (i noticed that some scenes would be like skipping whenever it got lower than 80% Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja