New to PCSX2....Questioning what to upgrade to fix lag on GT3
Hey everybody,

Sorry to do what I am sure is another lag post, but want to give specific info on my rig and see if you can offer some specific input.  I have an HP Z210 with a Xeon E31240 processor, 16GB RAM, and an nvidia Quadro 600 graphics card running the latest installer 1.4.0 of PCSX2.  I am trying to play GT3 and everything works great until a race starts.  As soon as the countdown starts, i get lag down to about 20 FPS.  Then during the racing, it will lag and i can tell video is moving slower and audio is in slo mo.  I have watched a ton of tweaking videos on youtube to try and increase the performance, but no luck.  I am wondering if I am fighting a hardware limiter and really need to upgrade something.  I started down the dev build but didn't want a portable installer launch each time.  (Guessing there is a way to upgrade the installer to the dev version so it launches not portable, but haven't gotten that far yet.)

Can anyone offer some insight into what might be my problem or what I should be trying to get smooth gameplay?

Output of PCSX2 window:

Host Machine Init:
 Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (build 14393), 64-bit
 Physical RAM     =  16342 MB
 CPU name         =  Intel® Xeon® CPU E31240 @ 3.30GHz
 Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
 CPU speed        =  3.290 ghz (8 logical threads)
 x86PType         =  Standard OEM
 x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 1fbae3ff
 x86EFlags        =  28100000
x86 Features Detected:
 SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX
Plugins shutdown successfully.
Reserving memory for recompilers...
Loading plugins...
 Binding   GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx.dll
Windows 10.0.14393
 Binding  PAD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\lilypad.dll
 Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\spu2-x.dll
 Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
 Binding  USB: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\USBnull.dll
(GameDB) 9693 games on record (loaded in 165ms)
 Binding   FW: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\FWnull.dll
 Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

Sponsored links

Definitely your GPU is your bottleneck here.

You can always try to set internal resolution to native, though
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks for that. Let me see if I can find a decent video card upgrade. The bummer is my mono only supports pcie 2 and on top of that I am working with a sff pc so will need the card to be low profile.
(01-04-2018, 03:47 AM)ghostdog920 Wrote: Thanks for that. Let me see if I can find a decent video card upgrade. The bummer is my mono only supports pcie 2 and on top of that I am working with a sff pc so will need the card to be low profile.

PCIe is backwards compatible, so any card that fits in the slot will work without any issue. The linkspeed will be a bit slower, but that is only noticable in benchmarks with multi-GPU setups as it stands. Even with a single 1080ti the difference in using PCIe2.0 instead of PCIe3.0 is like 1-3%

What case are you actually using? because if I look up pictures for the HP Z210 it doesn't seem like SFF machine? I see people sticking in a half length card (not half height) and Zotac has a couple of those: a 1060 6gb and a 1080. These cards will also be a lot faster for your editing in any CAD/3D Modeling/GIS/etc.. software than the Quadro 600 is.
It’s the z210 small form factor case from hp. Thanks for that info!
So i got a hold of a box with an i7 6th generation and with just the onboard video the game stays at 60 FPS. Looks like I have some upgrades in my future.
Good stuff. If you ever have issues with a GPU not fitting into a chassis, you could always do what I did and use a riser cable to put it in a custom position and still be connected to the slot.