New to PCSX2 and had a couple of questions
I am running Vista Pro (32 bit version) on an AMD X2 5000+. My video card is a Radeon 2600xt. I started playing around with PCSX2 and it runs at fairly decent speeds, but only windowed. As soon as I up the res and/or go full screen, it crawls.

Now, there is one little bit of info I left out.....ram. I was under the impression that I had 2 gig of ram and only realized I had 1 gig. I am going to correct this a.s.a.p. but based on my specs, can I expect much better performance? If going from 1gig ram to 2 will up performance, should I consider going to 4gig ram? Would a better video card improve things enough to warrant a purchase?

I would love to play God of War at full speed in full screen (1920x1080). Am I being unrealistic with my system specs?
g

Sponsored links

Ram doesn't improve performance as long it has enough for what doing, still 1gb is low, most game don't need a better graphic card i have the same, some games really need vista or 7 dx10 to get boost in speed and fix some glitchs, it would be better for you to get a intel cpu that support SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instead of graphic card to get better speeds, do you really have a lcd that support 1920x1080 with a graphic that is at least 2 years old, if you really want better internal res then you really need a new one.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
(03-16-2009, 02:56 PM)seinfeldx Wrote: Ram doesn't improve performance as long it has enough for what doing, still 1gb is low, most game don't need a better graphic card i have the same, some games really need vista or 7 dx10 to get boost in speed and fix some glitchs, it would be better for you to get a intel cpu that support SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instead of graphic card to get better speeds, do you really have a lcd that support 1920x1080 with a graphic that is at least 2 years old, if you really want better internal res then you really need a new one.

Thanks for the info. I guess it's upgrade time. I don't even know what some of the fastest/best Intel dual cores are these days. Let the research begin.
g
The best you can get right now has to be coreI7. But bottom line coreI7 start at about $700 per boxed proc. Otherwise, core2duo E8400 is a way to go.

But I personally wouldn't upgrade because of the PCSX2 just yet, because there is always a chance that games you want to play just aren't fully emulated yet Smile

(03-16-2009, 03:18 PM)guile Wrote:
(03-16-2009, 02:56 PM)seinfeldx Wrote: Ram doesn't improve performance as long it has enough for what doing, still 1gb is low, most game don't need a better graphic card i have the same, some games really need vista or 7 dx10 to get boost in speed and fix some glitchs, it would be better for you to get a intel cpu that support SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instead of graphic card to get better speeds, do you really have a lcd that support 1920x1080 with a graphic that is at least 2 years old, if you really want better internal res then you really need a new one.

Thanks for the info. I guess it's upgrade time. I don't even know what some of the fastest/best Intel dual cores are these days. Let the research begin.
g
I think AMD X2 5000+ is not that old, probably still not that big diference to be worth upgrade, wait for the C2Q 65w ( have more future than C2D but still far for 4 core era) to be cheaper or something better after the i7 and i5 probably still far away and it will waste more energy and hotter than C2D and C2Q 65w.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
(03-17-2009, 12:29 AM)seinfeldx Wrote: I think AMD X2 5000+ is not that old, probably still not that big diference to be worth upgrade, wait for the C2Q 65w ( have more future than C2D but still far for 4 core era) to be cheaper or something better after the i7 and i5 probably still far away and it will waste more energy and hotter than C2D and C2Q 65w.

Good advice from both you and Cain, thanks. I did want to mess with Dolphin a bit too and was thinking maybe E8400. I'll hold off...for now.
g