New to PCSX2 just want to play FFXII
u have an old version... get one from at least november 08

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...20f1244a8e
Fighting for peace is like ***** for virginity ...

Failure is not an option | It is bundled with your Microsoft product

Sponsored links

ive got it
im on a different pc now
(02-25-2009, 10:02 AM)Blackclaw Wrote: Everyone gave up on you ... that was quick

Well lets start from the very beginning

What you need:
Basic Pack
svn snapshot
gsdx 0.1.14
SPU2-X 1.10
LilyPad

Ur first steps:

- Update ur Direct-X just in case
- Unpack basic package
- delete old Playground executables and old memcard files
- unpack new plugins and the svn snapshot executable
- Run the emu and set it up like you see on the screenshot
- reformat memcards using ur bios (run - execute with the dvd null plugin)
- start the game

If everything was done properly it should look like this

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3

Some of the links don't work. Can you update this?

I am new to this whole emulator stuff. Very quick learner. Here are soem things I am needing to know:
-Can I keep the disc in my CD/DVD drive to play with the emulator or do I have to rip an iso image?
-Can I play with a Logitech game controller(looks like the PS2 controller)?
-Can I play at my full resolution 1920x1200? If so, is the gameplay and FPS stable?
I am running a Gateway P7811-FX laptop. I was assuming if I can get a 9320 3DMark06 score and play Crysis, I should be able to play this.

As far as the emulator goes, very awesome. I can't wait to get it to play. Any help with this would be awesome. Thanks.
(05-08-2009, 04:26 AM)dmextreme Wrote: -Can I keep the disc in my CD/DVD drive to play with the emulator or do I have to rip an iso image?
yes you can use your original disc Smile (making sure that you have the CDVD plugin set to Gigahertz and that it's config'd)

(05-08-2009, 04:26 AM)dmextreme Wrote: -Can I play with a Logitech game controller(looks like the PS2 controller)?
yes Smile

(05-08-2009, 04:26 AM)dmextreme Wrote: -Can I play at my full resolution 1920x1200? If so, is the gameplay and FPS stable?
yes, it makes the emu go faster (just set only the "resolution" option, the internal res you would want to use it for "fake AA" Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
hi guys, i'm able to run the game, But:

1) the sound skips when it plays movies
2) the screen look "freeze" when it comes to battles, so i can't see what's i'm doing.

beside this, the game play normally.
What are the best setting for this game? any recommendation?
(02-25-2009, 04:36 AM)bugga12 Wrote:
(02-25-2009, 12:46 AM)Saiki Wrote: Zero GS is a very bad plugin for gfx, sadly.

Yet some games only work with ZeroGS. It's not a matter of what's better or not. It's actually a matter of what you want to play and how well you want to play it.

After all... Emulation is all about experimenting. Wink

name one?
Im also new to PCSX2 and want to play FFXII. I've actually got it working quite well and am very happy with it.

In fact the default settings for GSdx 890 1.14 - SPU2-X 1.10 and the latest pcsx2 beta pretty much worked right out of the box, the only thing i've done is switched to directx 10, changed my resolution and turned on VU cycle stealing to moderate.

Im having one problem that I couldn't find an answer to on the forums-

Although the game runs at 60fps I tend to get a lot of little stutters, I think its when the hard drive/iso is being paged to load up a new animation/texture. Im using linuz iso 0.8.0 and an uncompressed image. Any suggestions?

When I run the game off the DVD using giagaherz 0.7.0 there are pauses when the DVD drive spins back up. Is there any way to make my dvd-rom not spin down?
use an iso, only way it's not going to "spin down"
(05-10-2009, 12:14 AM)Saiki Wrote: use an iso, only way it's not going to "spin down"

Figured as much.

How about the stuttering I mentioned in my previous post when I do use an iso?
don't know howto fix that yet. I think it's just a spu issue, but nothing I know of fixes it