New to pcsx2, having problems
Could downgrading to a prior version of pcsx2 help? I had to do that with dolphin.

Sponsored links

I tried 0.9.8, it seemed to work better, but it crashes before the game is able to start fully.

EDIT:

I just got it to work. All I had to do was sete the EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing to 3. No side effects Smile

Thanks to all who helped.
invest in desktop not a laptop, they are not ment for gaming, and i7 mobile cpu is not equal to i7 desktop chip.
(08-19-2013, 06:15 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: invest in desktop not a laptop, they are not ment for gaming, and i7 mobile cpu is not equal to i7 desktop chip.

Actually, my laptop is plenty powerful, and fits my situation the best. The computers at my school are trash and I am doing engineering classes. I needed portable power, and my laptop provides it. Also, I have the least powerful cpu option available. You can get CPUs that go up to 3.9 ghz. It is expensive, but if you need it you can get it.

Also, I have encountered a new problem. I guess you could call it 'camera shaking'. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Press f5 its possibly fix that what you mean by camera shaking.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(08-19-2013, 07:27 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: Press f5 its possibly fix that what you mean by camera shaking.

It is like the image is vibrating back and forth by a few pixels really fast.

Also, f5 worked great. Thanks! Also, what exactly does f5 do? I already needed to help a friend get pcsx2 working, more info always helps.
(08-19-2013, 07:37 PM)PantherDeutschV Wrote: It is like the image is vibrating back and forth by a few pixels really fast.

Also, f5 worked great. Thanks! Also, what exactly does f5 do? I already needed to help a friend get pcsx2 working, more info always helps.

its interlace the image i think. :-)
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(08-19-2013, 07:46 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: its interlace the image i think. :-)

DE-interlace.

Computer monitors display images progressively. Old tube TVs displayed images interlaced. Interlaced video seems to "shiver" or "bounce up and down". This is because it's only displaying half of the image every frame (every other line).

You can cycle through F5 to try different means of deinterlacing as some work better than others on certain games. Also, some games (like Star Ocean 3 for instance) have ways of activating a built in progressive mode which works way better than any de-interlacer.
[Image: 2748844.png]