New to the forums and PCSX2 and I have some questions. (FF12, PS3 controller, etc)
Hello everyone!

So I'm fairly new to emulations and these forums, and I have some questions. First of all, I have successfully gotten final fantasy 12 international with the english patch working. I've managed to get the FPS at 100% almost all the time, however I would like to know if there's anything I could change in my settings that would improve the performance. (I'm not going to use native resolution, I know someone will mention that, it just looks terrible.) Not sure what the image posting rules are here, so I'm just going to put an imgur link, hopefully that's okay. If not, I'm flexible, and I can change it if requested. Secondly, I have gotten my PS3 controller working via MotionJoy. However, in FF12, when moving forward, if I have it set to be able to move left and right, it will. There is only a very small margin of space at the uppermost part of the joysticks range. In other words, it is very challenging to walk straight. So if someone could help me with the configuration for that it would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR

I got FF12 international working, but there's probably room for improvement performance wise. I also got a PS3 controller working, but movement directly forward is challenging.

Imgur link:

http://imgur.com/a/IfbK2

Computer specs:

Processor: AMD A-4 3400 2.7Gh/z dual core
Ram: 4G
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450 1G memory

Thanks for your time!
Help would be VERY appreciated.
Kiazi.

Edit: Thanks to Koji, I found out that with the latest version of MotionJoy, there is a plugin that goes with it for PCSX2's lilypad! So I got the controller worked out. Now the only question is if there is any way that I might be able to squeeze a tiny bit more performance out of the program.

Here's the link to the instructions for the controller plugin if anyone else needs it:

http://www.motioninjoy.com/wiki/en/game/guide/pcsx2

Edit 2: Turns out you don't even need to use MotionJoy. What I'm using now is the XInput Wrapper by Scarlet.Crush, and my only complaint is that there seems to be no rumble support. Which is fine. Anyway, here's the link to it:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...#pid186161

Sponsored links

Know that your PC is probably just in the acceptable range for that game, you do run the risk of the graphics slowing down, especially if you're trying to use cross fire (PCSX2 doesn't work well with it).

You will likely hit slowdowns from time to time, and not a whole lot you can do without turning on some of the more aggressive speed hacks which may (or may not) cause weird side effects.

If you're going to use motion-in-joy for PS3 controller support, I suggest using the latest version which has a custom build of the lilypad plugin. Use that version of the plugin and the profile that goes with it, it'll automatically setup the controller correctly, including pressure sensitivity for buttons.

Others will suggest using alternatives to motion in joy, I personally haven't used them so I can't comment further on that.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(04-20-2013, 03:53 AM)Koji Wrote: Know that your PC is probably just in the acceptable range for that game, you do run the risk of the graphics slowing down, especially if you're trying to use cross fire (PCSX2 doesn't work well with it).

You will likely hit slowdowns from time to time, and not a whole lot you can do without turning on some of the more aggressive speed hacks which may (or may not) cause weird side effects.

If you're going to use motion-in-joy for PS3 controller support, I suggest using the latest version which has a custom build of the lilypad plugin. Use that version of the plugin and the profile that goes with it, it'll automatically setup the controller correctly, including pressure sensitivity for buttons.

Others will suggest using alternatives to motion in joy, I personally haven't used them so I can't comment further on that.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't even know there was a plugin for MotionJoy! I'm working on getting it working now, I'll let you know how it goes!

Edit: I got it working, and the controller works how I would think it should now! Thank you very very much for pointing me in the right direction! Laugh