Hello all,

My old PS2 is about to die and so I have finally decide to try the emulator.

I have extracted my BIOS (Europe V01.60) made 2 isos (GT4 and Cod5) from my discs using a plextor DVD drive (the drive in my laptop won't read the discs are they are quite scratched but with the plextor it worked) , ran the config using the guide and of course it won't work Smile

I get to the first initial screen so the BIOS must load correctly and then the program shuts...

I have an intel T7500 @2.2G, 3G of ram, XP pro SP3, the plugins are configurated using the guide, SSE3, pixel shaders 3.0 since I have an nvidia 6800M GT.

What else do you need to help me run these games (and the others afterwards...)

Thanks a lot

PS : I wish that Sony would have kept the compatibility mode with the PS3 !!!

Sponsored links

First, I'd say get the latest beta, it fixes more than it breaks compared to 0.9.6. Do remember to update DirectX and install the required visual studio runtimes for it to work.
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta

Edit: Good to know some people actually read the guide before posting 'OMGZ n00b ned help plzplzplzplz game no work' Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hello,

I'm too old (40) to be using the n00b things ha ha ha

Installed the latest beta and now I have 3 errors in plugin load with "system NULL" messages for the SSE2 SSS3 and SSE 4.1 dll files with the file d3dx11_42.dll but since I have XP I don't have DX10 (or 11 for that matter Smile )

In the latest beta I don't have the GFX plugin in which I have chosen SSE3 in the 0.96, should I get it again ? I only have the 0.97.1 ZeroGS...

My DX in 9.0c from august so i think it should be current....

I'll keep on looking and will report here.

Thanks for the help
Yea that's outdated DirectX. If you get that message it means you don't have the latest, August 2009 redist is the one you must install. If after installing that you still get errors try the dx web installer. Latest beta includes the SSSE3 version of GSdx which should be the plugin of choice (zerogs is really really outdated).
You *might* be needing these too:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...02B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...02B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
(11-06-2009, 03:30 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yea that's outdated DirectX. If you get that message it means you don't have the latest, August 2009 redist is the one you must install. If after installing that you still get errors try the dx web installer. Latest beta includes the SSSE3 version of GSdx which should be the plugin of choice (zerogs is really really outdated).
You *might* be needing these too:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

Ah !!

Ok, installed the Dx SDK and the C++ runtime (or V++ or another "++" from MS)

No more error messages from d3d11... btu I have 3 bios error messages that files ROM1, ROM2 and EROM are missing, although I've used the BIOS extractor to get it from my PS2.

Can someone give me the checksum and sizes of these 3 files so i can check that they have been extracted correctly ? I know it's not correct to ask for the files.

Now I have the GSDX 0.1.15 with SSE3 and the FPS in the BIOS screen have jumped from 16 to 75, that's SOME optimization guys Smile

Finally when I try to launch my ISO file from GT4 or COD5 I get the "insert a PS or PS2 disc", are there some parameters to create the ISO's ?

The Xuadio works in the beta (did not in 0.96) so that's another bonus...

Thanks a lot, almost there....
Yeah the detection routine changed, it's bugged Tongue You'll have to rename the files with the rom1.rom2,erom extentions to rom1.bin,rom2,bin,erom,bin respectively.
Hm, try using imgburn to create the ISO files. Then use Linuz ISO,point it to the iso files and hit file->run cd/dvd
Ok, still moving on Smile

Now the files are seen (better file rename did the trick for me) but still the games won't boot.

I'll try to reextract them (a pain because i have to go to my friend with the plextor drive) and see what happens.

Or can someone send me a fie to run and test the system, not a gam of course but is there a demo or whatever file i could launch just to test it ?

Thanks again.

PS : Final little bug (for the moment) the "VC9" windows disappears once the main game window appears, if one presses escape from the main game window it comes back to "VC9" but if one closes the game window then the "dos" screen remains and the VC9 cannot be accessed anymore...nothing serious though
Yeah the issue is known. Hmm don't know of any ps2 game demo to be downloadable..try googling
Gee, it's harder to find demos that w....z on google Smile

But the NFS carbon demo launched, however it crashed when getting to the game screen so more tweaking on the way Smile