[Newbie]Canis Canem Edit - Sound/ Voices seem odd/ slow - some tips?
Hi there!
I just bought the game "Canis Canem Edit" by Rockstar Games and I was very surprised testing it FIRST on PC (my Win7 Ultimate 32-bit OS on my Main PC with Intel Core2Duo dual core @ 3.0 Ghz and an NVIDIA 8800GTX with 768 MB and also just 2 GB ram). It works fine with PCSX2 0.9.8 so far. Intro and game. It just seems that the player moves a bit too slow and the sound e.g. the voices seem odd cause they are also slightly too slow.

Beeing a newbie to all this -only played one or too games with PCSX2 I wanted to ask if you can give me any tips too make the experience even better.

Greetings,
Goldsteal

Sponsored links

(08-08-2011, 10:16 PM)Goldsteal Wrote: Hi there!

Hi! Smile

(08-08-2011, 10:16 PM)Goldsteal Wrote: It just seems that the player moves a bit too slow and the sound e.g. the voices seem odd cause they are also slightly too slow.

Is the FPS lowering from full speed when that happens? Because if you're not running full speed, the game will literally run at the given fraction of the normal rate. And, yes, the sound works the same.

(08-08-2011, 10:16 PM)Goldsteal Wrote: Beeing a newbie to all this -only played one or too games with PCSX2 I wanted to ask if you can give me any tips too make the experience even better.

The biggest tip: Apply some Speedhacks to help with speed (FPS). There is a Preset option on the bottom of the "Emulation Settings", and it would be easiest for you if you're still very new to the emulator. Smile

Also, do be mindful of your chosen internal resolution. Your GPU is good, but can see limitations with some "heavier" games.
This game is a monster on the cpu, and worse is you can't use skipdraw to get some additional fps. The resolution scaling has very little impact as its mostly draw rate bound (lots of geometry in this open world)

Further this game is sensitive to high speed hack settings, so balanced on the preset slider is as high as you should go.

You will need 3.8ghz on a i7 to keep it playable, so 4.2+ on a core 2 to get about the same.
Thanks for the tipps. Well it worked pretty well for me if there is no other application opened using GSdx 10. Sometimes the game gets too fast than to slow but that wasn't the case yesterday so I guess it was because I had other prgrams running.

But now I encountered a pretty akward problem. It seems very game specific so I am not sure if it is PCSX2 causing it.

In the mission "Hattrick VS. Gallow" I try to collect 3 bottles. The bottle in the trophycase isn't collecting as it should - according to this "Let's play": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZVLGnxJdjs

[Image: cajfoaadi.jpg]

In the comments is a guy who has exactly the same problem I am facing. If someone of you played the game and had the same problem a feedback would be nice. And if you know how to get passed it please contact me.

Goldsteal
Well. Use the search function is the most IMPORTANT thing you always forget I guess!

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-bully-sav...ay-mission

I think I'll try the solution advertised there and than we will see.

Goldsteal

Update:
Didn't work for me the way it should. Searching for a savegame right after "Hattrick VS. Galloway" for the PAL version of the game!
at what point is taht mission in the game, i either passed it or haven't reached it yet.
It is at the Beginnning of Part II ! So it is just after you fought Russel in the hole. I don't know exactly were you are Laugh
I can pass you a PAL savegame right before that mission if you want to test if this bug still exists... Could be of course that I am just to silly to configure PCSX2 like I have to.

Anyway I found a savegame on the internet which was right after "Hattrick VS. Galloway" so I played onwards and I am now in Part IV somewhere.

On a side note: If someone needs that after "Hattrick. VS. Galloway" savegame (the PAL version) send me a PM than I will reupload it for him in case he doesn't want to seek like I did.

Goldsteal
i've passed it then, i do know of some freeze glitches that happened with 0.9.6 and .7 but those were fixed ages back when rama redid the instruction optimisation
Good to know! Well. I am playing now so tt is not so much of a problem for me anymore. Hopefully not to much people will run into that problem!
Thanks for your help!

Goldsteal